Arkansas small rivers and creeks

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Pastor E, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    hi guys Ilike to fish small rivers and creeks for catfish and I`m looking for some new places :big_smile: to fish what do you think for size and or numbers is the best small river or creek in Ar:big_smile:

2. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    In westcentral Ark try Fouche la Fave or Petit Jean Rivers. What part of the state are you from? This would help direct you as most small rivers have decent populations of catfish.

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Pastor E, Have you tried Cypress Creek or Bull Creek yet? There is some good fishing in those. Cypress was one of my favorites when I lived in Beebe.

As far as rivers go the Arkansas River is my favorite but you have the Little Red River up at Searcy and the White River at Augusta, Georgetown and DesArc.

ST

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    North central you have the Black, Spring, Current, Eleven Point and various places along the White and the St. Francis.

5. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    You also have the Cash River, and Strawberry River. The Cash is a small, shallow delta river. The Strawberry is a transition type river. Upper section is a hill river with fast water and gravel bars and long pools. The lower section is a delta type river. Slow, shallow, sandbars and lots of cover. Both are good fishing.

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    You have the Saline River in central Arkansas. There are some nice flatheads in it and is best fished by trotline, jugs, yo yo's , Limb lines. There are shallow areas, so you have to find a deep hole to find the fish. It is best float fished by rod and reel.