Arkansas Sinker Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by CNTRYBOY, Feb 5, 2008.

Where to have a Sinker making Gathering

1. Nuke Discharge

2. Degray Gathering

3. Cntryboy's house

4. Jtrew's house

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Here is what has been brought up so far. We need to get this thing rolling, so i am gonna make a poll!!

1. Nuke plant Discharge
    2. Degray Gathering
    3. Cntryboy & Angelkitty's house
    4. Jtrew's House

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i voted for nuke 1 for 2 reasons.
    1 id like to get some skips.
    2 its close to tops house and with his back he could spend more time with us.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    If we have at the discharge ramp, Where can we get a generator for elec. My melting pots are all elec.

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Very good reason's Johnnie! And I agree.

Not trying to rush things here, but we also need to decide a date! If i am rushing it, then just tell me so!! Which can be done while the poll is running! This is gonna be a one day thing, so i beleive a Saturday is best. I have a few dates that i will be available to do this, after those dates i will be way to busy with Arkansas Gathering at Degray as well as traveling to see my new grandson and to Keystone.
    Plus, this will give us skipjacks for the gatherings coming up for those who want to fish. I also have one of our new members(tallmanrus) that if all works out will be coming along with me.

My dates that are open are as Follows:

FEB. 17TH
    FEB. 24TH
    MAR. 3RD
    MAR. 10TH

AFTER MARCH 10TH I WILL BE TRAVELING TO COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO TO SEE MY NEW GRANDBABY.

MAY I(WE) HAVE THE DEGRAY GATHERING
    JUNE I(WE) HAVE THE KEYSTONE GATHERING
    SEPTEMBER I(WE) HAVE THE PICKWICK GATHERING

SO, JUMP ON IN FOLKS, POST YOUR POLL VOTE AND GIVE US A IDEAL ON DATES YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THIS!!!

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    TOP - I MIGHT BE ABLE TO ROUND ONE UP OR MAYBE ANOTHER MEMBER THAT IS COMING MIGHT HAVE ONE!:confused2::wink:

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Feb 24 is out for me because the 25th is the wife birthday and she took vacation 22,23,24, and 25. We will probaly be out of town.

7. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Looking at wrong Calender guys! Make my dates available below NOT what i posted earlier!

FEB. 16
    MAR. 1
    MAR. 8

I was looking at the 2007 calender in the check book instead of the 2008!!! Took out Feb.23 , due to Tops Anniversary!!

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I vote nuke plant in March!

9. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I voted nuke Plant, i keep hearing about the cats caught by johnnie and Newton. i got to go and get some cats lol. :big_smile:

10. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I say march 1st here! Also, everyone fends for themselves! This is a simple one day/evening gathering, i will have a double fryer and oil with me in case i get the urge to have some fresh fish!!!!!!!! And, I will share, but someone has to catch them, and ya can't do it sitting at home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnnie(aka poisonpits) has volunteered provide about 200 lbs of lead! And his molds to use! the molds go back home with him, the lead is to share!
    TopSgt Lawrence will be bringing his melting pots to use

Come on brothers and sisters- get your vote in - time is a ticking!! Ya don't vote and give your input, then we don't know and ya can't complain after it is said and done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    With all the problems I've had the past couple of months with my health, I'm almost afraid to make plans, but health permitting, I'll vote for a March get-together. I don't want anybody to depend on my being there, but if I can possibly make it, I'll bring my motorhome, which has a generator.

12. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    jtrew i hope you get to feeling better and hope you can make it.

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Thanks, Johnnie. When I was getting out of the hospital the first time this year, the doctor told me to eat more fish. Love it! In order to eat more fish, I've got to catch more fish, and that requires spending more time fishing. Works for me! At least it will as soon as I can get well enough to get in a boat without danger of falling overboard. Got no urge whatsoever to test those Sospenders I got from my wife a couple of Christmases ago.

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Jerry, we can get ya in a boat and fixed where you won't fall out!!!

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Hey, you could just throw a net over me. There are some folks over at VA that have been wanting to do that for several years now.

16. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    JERRY, - anytime you want to go to the Nuke plant and don't feel like driving just let me know. We will get you there. We will get you out on the water at the gathering, without you falling in.

Are you planning on cleaning out the freezer anytime soon? I need some skipjack and will take some off your hands if you need to get rid of some. Seeing how I can't seem to get on them. Been to the Nuke plant already this year plus up to Kentucky and have not got any yet!!

Why waste a good net anyway?:smile2:

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I won't be cleaning out my bait freezer till I get to Pickwick right after the Chattanooga gathering, but if you need some skipjack, I can let you have some.

18. VideoGuy

VideoGuy New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I vote for the nuke.

19. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If I haven't already said so, James, WELCOME! If I've already said it, well, I'll just say it again.

20. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    me to james welcome aboard.