Arkansas River

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by r_corter12, May 14, 2007.

1. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    HOW HIGH IS THE RIVER THE NEWS WAS REPORTING IN LITTLE ROCK TO STAY OFF IT JUST WONDERING I WANTED TO GO FISHING THIS WEEKEND BUT DIDNT B/C OF THAT.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    The river is flowing 150000 to 1600000 cfs. that is a lot of water. to much for Me. I fish at Ozark and Dardanelle some a little at 13 here in fort smith.
    I thank that fish other than the river. I am going to fish a creek just off the river saturday with jugs. hope to get a fish are to.

4. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    what creek are you going to fish....i know clear creek and vache gras have the gates closed water too high

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I thought that either the Big or Little Maumelle River would be a good bet, but according to reports, the fast current has sucked most of the water out of those two rivers.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Well, it looks like the Arkansas may be going down. The Corps web page says that the projected flow for next Tuesday is 70,000cfs, exactly half of what it is today.

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    70,000 cfs is still a strong current is it not?

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Yes it is, but if the dropping continues, it should be down to 35,000cfs or even lower by the following weekend. That's a good flow rate for fishing the river.

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    As always you have some good info thanks for the reply. We have no secrets here on the B.O.C., all info is for the good of the Members.

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  11. xtremecatfishin

xtremecatfishin Member

State:
    Conway Ar
    Jtrew hows the fishing been in your area? I went a couple weeks ago and caught some eating size cats. When are we gonna hook up and do some more fishin?
    later,
    X

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Long time no see. Welcome back! The water's been too high to fish the river, and the price of gas makes it hard to justify driving all the way up to the nuclear plant outlet. In a couple or three weeks, I expect that the water will be down enough to fish the river, and I want to do some fishing out of Bigelow. There's a nice little ramp there, and even a day use park, but not a real campground. I'm going to park the motorhome there; if they object, I'll just leave and go up the road a quarter mile or so and park on the side of the road.

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    The price of gas is starting to go down around these parts 2.97 regular. So Newton and I might head out this weekend to do some fishing. We just haven't agreed on where we are going. No kids so it might be "night fishing" involved. :smile2:

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Honey, we will be out all night! Don't expect us back before daylight or early morning! LOL:lol:

15. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    That's still around $75 in gas for a round trip up to the nuclear plant, vs about half that to go to Bigelow or Toadsuck.

16. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Or right next door to Hot Springs lol:big_smile: