Arkansas River Report 6Sep 07

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by TOPS, Sep 7, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Gary[ son-in-law] and I went out again yesterday afternoon and fish untill dark we caught 6, I tried to fish my hole at the rock quarry but the current was strong and we could not get the boat to anchor. We moved to another spot, the wind had the boat rocking as if it was a cradle, I caught one channel in that spot. We move to a spot off a flat and caught 5 there. One was caught on small whole shad and the rest on Danny Kings original. Yes I know the big one will come from skips, shad or live gills but I am catching fish now, the big ones can Waite for now.

2. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    thanks for report top.:big_smile: I'm with you whatever I catch fish on that's what I use.Won't be able to go till middle of next week, sure hope the bite holds up till then. lol:

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey Tops,
    Thanks for posting the two reports on the Ark river. I agree with you. Catching fish is the name of the game. Dip biat, cut bait, live bait. Really don't matter as long as something is tugging on the end of that line. Congratulations on the success of the two trips.

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Way to go Top. Good you got em when you did. Weather system coming into our area again. Radio says up to 6 inches of rain by Sunday afternoon. Oklahoma, Missouri and Arkansas. You'll get it before we do up in the hill. Keep your powder dry.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top its good to here that you are catching fish.me i aint catching nothing.but i got a buket full o bait and im headed out for a 24 hour trip in the morning.aint made my mind up yet on where to go but im thinking little river at ashdown.if i can keep the gators out of the boat i might be able to catch some flatheads.

6. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks for the report top...glad to know someone is fishin these days..i havent been out in way too long...i need a vacation..:sad2:

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Glad to see your out and about. Im stuck at home havin to work on the house. Gas so High I can only afford to drive my truck once a month :smile2:
    It dont matter, big, small your catchin and alot of us aint. As for the rain, its comin down in buckets. Been building cabinets this week, so last two days have been duck and run to the saw LOL. Hope to get down your way one of these days Top, Probably when the skips come in. Mac

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    If you get out and about stop by to see me, may-be I will have the boat fixed by then.