Arkansas River/Kerr/Webbers Falls

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by tkishkape, Sep 5, 2009.

1. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    It's been a good while since I've posted much, but since the weather is cooling off, the fishing has begun taking off.

I've been trying to get some eating size cats for the freezer and have been woefully treated by the catfish. Maybe two or three eaters at a time and no more. The 26, 38, 42 and 48 pound blues and flats seem to have the upper hand... er, fin. :eek:oooh:

Anyone got a suggestion as to what I'm doing wrong?:embarassed:

2. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Well I have been fishing the other end of the river LD#7 to LD#1 and things have not been much better my friend, Just hang in there it will change. I will be at it all weekend.:wink::cool2:

3. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Albert - Yes, I know what you are doing wrong. You don't have me in the boat. I'll change your luck:smile2:

4. Flightline

Flightline New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't know I've been fishing the AR river just north of WF and I haven't had any luck, I was going to post the same question to see what I was doing wrong. Good Luck

I'm going to fish Hudson today hopefully it's better

5. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    So you're catching bigger ones but not freezer size? What a horrible problem to have!!! :roll_eyes:Can you share some of your luck?

6. gbigskin

gbigskin New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i would not fish kerr for fish i was planning to eat at the present.
    i fished monday on kerr and took some small eaters home so i could have some fresh fish tues night. was dissapointed when i cleaned them as much of the meat was transparent looking and very oily. all the fish were in the same condition. some were almost like jelly. would not have bothered with these fish had i known the condition of the flesh. think i will wait a few weeks before i keep any more and will just go to the freezer between now and then.
    has anyone else noticed this in the last few weeks?

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Sure... I'll share. All I want right now is some little guys for a fish fry... how do you keep the bigger ones off your hooks?

Gbigskin... I think your fish are still stressed from the spawn... change your venue to the shallow water of a creek or sand bar where there's lots of shad...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Hey Albert, I lost your e-mail address. Send me an e-mail and i'll forward on the pole bender schedule. Randy's having an open tournament then 3 tournaments plus the classic this winter. He went up on entries to $100 plus $20 for the big fish pot. Come get in a tournament and you will be catching plenty of eaters :smile2:.

9. okiefishkiller

okiefishkiller New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i've been going on a regular basis under oolagah and hudson. oolagahs been good for fish under ten pounds,but you need about 5000 on the discharge. under hudson at least 5 to 7 thousand,but been gettin bigger fish at hudson. both places are hot until about 11 am. looks like not much water comin down rite now, so i think ill hit the gibson dam tomarrow. hopes this helps u guys.