arkansas river fishing report.

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by River_monster91, Aug 17, 2008.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well theres quite a few of us that fish the mighty arkansas so i though id start us up a fishing report thread. went out tonight and caught a small flathead that weighed around 4 lbs. caught him on fresh cut gill at about 6 o clock in the evening. suprised me he bit so early on in the day but i guess if you know where to find em you can catch em. other than that the turtles kinda ruint the fishing. soon as i go do some more fishing on the arkansas i will post further reports throught the year.

2. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    heading out again tonight to see what i cant catch. will post a report tonite or in the morning.

3. liltroy

liltroy New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas,
    is there water on the ark around witchita? i dont think around g.bend or larned is there

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    dont know where your at but great bend has water it is running at 35cfs right now and people are catching flatheads all over the river here lately

5. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    bout 2ft in the main channel here. i caught a flathead in knee deep water last week. if you know where to fish you will catch them.

6. liltroy

liltroy New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas,
    in larned there is no water. where does it come from to have water in g.b.? kinsley is dry. anyway glad to see people fishing and cathin

7. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    The Gar moved in and ruined my fishn Friday night, but Saturday I saw a guy catch a 20+ pound Flat, in the middle of the afternoon, on cut Drum out of the same hole. :confused2: :sad2:
    Water level was down compared to last weekend, but still a little above normal for this time of year.

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    God Dang that place is gettin popular. When I first found it last year no one fished it. That Ark is gettin popular.:smile2:

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    because everyone wants to be like you Ark Master :smile2:

10. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Thats Ark Master SIR to you buddy!:smile2:

11. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    My report is on the Arkansas River thread.:smile2:

12. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    thanks for the support kyle!!! lol just kidding:smile2:

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    The Honorable King High Priest Ark Master Sir :big_smile:

14. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    well guys just got back from a new hole i found. its around 4 foot deep right now in front of the logjam. fishing with craw's i had one really good hit and then he hit again and i missed him on the hookset. all i had left was my tail. probally one of them pesky little channel cats weve been catching. ill have to go back next week and fish at night with some gills.

15. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    if it was your head missing it was a turtle and they love the front end of them crawdads

16. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    dont think it was a turtle. it hit like a fish and ran with it good.

17. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    i was fishing over by pawnee rock about 3 months ago and hooked into a huge flathead that broke the line. we also caught 3 real nice channel cats on limb lines. main river wasent a foot deep you just gotta find holes. i know they are there ive fished around that area quite a bit with my uncle. just go do you some lookin and you will catch fish.