arkansas river below three forks

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by capt theory, Nov 17, 2005.

1. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    ive put some pretty good time in the webbers falls and robert s kerr areas and caught a few nice cats but nothing close to the monsters i know are in there. the river is so expansive below the 3 forks its hard to attack it effectively from the banks. i plan on hitting the wing dams and main dams this spring but we'll see what happens. now i know you people who regularly ply this area have some good stories to tell, now lets hear them!

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) Good fishing around 3 forks we have a tournament there every year with ACATS. Me and joe got 2nd this year.I lived around kerr lake for 20 years..there is big fish to be caught.,..at 3 forks if ya got a boat try off the ends of the rock jetties... and down by the sewer plant...when there letting go of recycled water.

3. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Help a guy out here. Where exactly is three forks. I am a central Okie looking to do a lot of fishin in the eastern part. :)

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    The three rivers area is right over by Muskogee, Ok. This is where the Neosho, Verdigris and Arkansas Rivers come together. The Neosho fork goes about eight miles upstream to Ft. Gibson Dam. There's plenty of good fishing all the way up to the dam. The Verdigris going upstream is the rest of the Navagtion Channel 55 or so miles to the port of Catossa. The Arkansas upstream of three forks is pretty limited, you can only go a few miles before the river becomes too shallow. Downstream of the three forks, the river does get quite a bit wider than the upstream portions of L @ D 17 and 18. Where the Navagation Channel above three forks may only be anywhere from 130 to 180 yards wide. The section below three forks will be over 1/4 mile wide in many area's. This is also the start or end depending which way your heading where the wing dams are(good catfishing). There is a boat ramp right of Highway 62 bridge going west out of Muskogee where the three rivers come together. There other ramps upstream and downstream of the three forks area also.

5. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Thanks Chris. I am looking forward to hittin all the areas you (especially you!) keep talking about. I have put some things on my pontoon just for the situations you have described. I also got a canoe for some of the other areas. I will have to holler at you when I am headed to Bartlesville. I have fished on Caney, above the low water dam in town, and it was pretty good. Fished at a really hot time though. I'll be up there early this year. You might get tired of hearing from me! Thanks for the info.