arkansas river at Ozark?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by ccat, May 7, 2008.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Does anyone know if the Arkansas River at Ozark is fishable now with the high and swift water? I have heard a lot about that stretch of the river, but also know the corps has posted small craft warnings around some stretches of the river.
    Anyone with info on this, please let me know. These Beaver lake catfish are wearing me out.............not!!!

2. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I'm sure they have a small craft warning out. they are running about 140,000 cfm and I wouldn"t wnt to be on it. I have heard some pretty good reports from there fishing from bank. nothing big , but catching a lot of eating size. Shad were hard to come by most caught on worms and chicken liver. lol

3. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
  4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    ccat i fish it alot. as i arite they are running 163,900 cfs. thats big. you do not want to be out there in a boat right now. they have forcast flows of 143,000 for this week but it has been higher than that. there is some bank fishing going on and shad are catchable if you know where they are. if you would like to pm me i will give you some details. i am headed there friday evening and will fish friday night and saturday night. by the way beaver is my home water. after a couple more weeks at ozark and an 11 day catfish vacation on ft. gibson in oklahoma i am hitting beaver hard with jug lines.

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    by the way welcome to the boc.

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    added note is that there is always a small craft advisory from the corps of engineers on the arkansas navagation channel when the flow exceeds 70'000 cfs.

7. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Thanks for the info.
    I know of a few people who bank fish that area of the river, and also a few that tell me stories of loading the boat too. I have fished the little rock pool with the river at 78,000cfs, and it wasn't fun.
    I am jugging Beaver this Saturday night around the Blue Springs area. Next weekend I may go down to Ozark and try that.
    Good luck at Ft. Gibson. I have heard a lot a good things about that lake.

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i was raised on ft.gibson. i think i got em surrounded over there.

9. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Any luck at Blue Springs?

10. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    We bailed out at the last minute because of the predicted storms.
    We headed instead down to Ozark to fish the river. Didn't do much down there but will definately be jugging/trotlining Beaver this coming Friday and Saturday night. I'll let yall know how we do.

11. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    fished ozark friday night. dropping jug lines on ozark city lake was a complete waste of time. we caught some fish below the dam in decent numbers but no size to brag about. storms chaseds me out of ozark saturday evening. i wante to fish but the forcast for north west winds gusting to 50 mph turned me off . i didn't feel like fightin the wind with my surf rods.

12. CIBE2001

CIBE2001 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I live in booneville and have fished,from the bank at ozark. Didnt catch anything. Alot of people down there also. Not much elbow room at the dam. AT aux park plenty of room but too swift of water..But then again i Moved here from Tx And am not yet a river fisherman but im learning.

13. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome Eric:big_smile: I am also a Booneville resident:tounge_out: Me & Johnny hit the Scranton part of the river on Monday. Sir Charles accompanied us on the outing. I think we ended up with around 30 fish mostly channels a few blues in the bunch.