Arkansas River at Dardenelle

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Smellycat, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Anyone catching anything below the dam at Dardenelle?????

2. Sylamore

Sylamore New Member

State:
    Mountain view, AR
    Not much going on this year. Last trip I made was last week in July ( I think it was July 28) with three buddies. We were fishing from the bank with heavy equipment and I only caught one fish all day long. It was a 15# Flathead. My buddies caught a few small channels and blues. Total for the day was 11 fish.
    It was a cloudy day until about 3:30 pm and when the direct sun broke through the temp. went straight up. Man it got hot. :D

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    A few caught below the Dam, fresh skips for bait.

Attached Files:

4. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Nice fish pictures Tops. When were they caught? Off the bank or in a boat ? How is the water level there below Dardanelle Dam ?

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    A few skips are being caught below the dam also. The cats were caught on that fresh skips.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Junior, the fish were caught Sunday 5 Aug 07, from the bank, current is still strong. The dardnalle side of the river.

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Looks like your doin pretty good there ole Top. you catch that 17? When ya gonna post a picture of yer newer boat? Sending mine to the shop today for a tune up then its time to fish. Mac

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mac, The 17 is both fish weighted together. The bigger one weighted 9pounds5 oz. The smaller weighted 7 pounds I can not remember the oz.

10. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    WE ARE CATCHING MOSTLY CHANNELS WITH A FEW 5 TO 6 LBS. HERE AT NIMROD THE FISHING IS HOT. WE KEPT 37 IN 3 1/2 HOURS THIS MORNING. THE KID WE TO IS RUINED ,AS HE NORMALLY JUST FISHES FROM THE BANK.
    I WOULD LIKE TO TO GET OVER TO THE RIVER AND CATCH SOME BIG BLUES.:wink: