Arkansas River 8-24

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by boliver, Aug 24, 2007.

1. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    My brother(boliver 0637) and I went To river today for some bank fishing, we fished from 2:30 till 5:30 caugh 10 or so most were real small. WE used dk's and skipjack . I did catch a 22# blue my personal best . Pic sent if I can figure how to attach. We had to get him up a bank that is 7 or 8 feet high that was kinda exciting. It was hot but wind was blowing and that made it bearable.Skipjack was more effective than dk's.
    lol boliver

Attached Files:

2. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    hey, looks like they are starting to bite agin..maybe ill have to knock the cobwebs off my pole, cuz its been sitting too long..congrats on your new best..

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the new PB. Sounds like they were biting pretty good.

4. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Nice fish for the heat of the day. Think I like that wide grin as much or better than that good cat!:big_smile:

5. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Wow--- nice one:wink:....My son and I are going out this afternoon (Sat) and on into the night...probably down to clear creek or Dyer landing area...we did OK last time we hit these areas...all small -- NO MONSTERS:sad2:, but any catfish is a good catfish for me ...our time will come....

6. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    thats where we were fishing , just down from dyer landing, ours were all small except the one , but the only reason we stayed that long was the bite was good. lol

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thanks for the report. I need to get out myself.

8. charlestoncatman

State:
    arkansas
    today sure looked like a good day to go out too, hopefully i can get outta the house tomorrow.

9. crazfish

crazfish New Member

State:
    arkansas
    That's one nice cat, especially after all this heat and high water flow. I gotta get out there soon.

10. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    hey boliver ........ nice fish u got there!!!!..... i took some old aluminum tent poles and bolted them together ... 10 ft or so long ......... flattened the end and bolted an 8/0 hook on the end .............just slip the hook in the fish's mouth and pull him up the bank ...........

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Nice fish B:big_smile:

12. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    thanks coach, I may have to do that, i have a dip net with a piece of 1 1/2 " pvc pipe attached with hose clamps. This day i forgot it and had it in boat any way it wouldn't have been near as much fun for my brother, watching an ols fat man going down an eight foot bank and then trying to get my hand in the fishs mouth and even harder ws trying to get back up. But i enjoyed it all. I never catch anything any size when i am perpared.lol
    boliver

13. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    It's always great to see a guy caught his best yet. Congrats and good luck ,hope you beat that one soon.:big_smile:

14. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
  15. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    we fished clear creek...srtaight out from the docks..over in the sand bars and jetties... then after going back in for a drink we went out and left to the pipe for awhile... lots of bites but got ran out by some dude who drove him self right in there to cast net for shad...miles of river and some one always gets right on top of ya....then we went back to the park after dark for some bank fishin'...my 14 yr old got his best there from the bank...a 4-5 lber good enough for us...it was cool to see him grabbin' the pole and layin' into it...:cool2:

16. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Bolivar, Congrats on the PB. and just think they got some in there bigger than that too. Wait till ya hang into one of those.........:wink:
    4/0... What can I say man, thats the spot for shad, everyone comes there for bait, been sittin right on that pipe before myself and had folks come to get bait, pulled up there to get bait myself many many times. But, I have never caught any catfish worth mentioning there. I have heard of 30lbers coming out of that little hole right in front of it, but I aint never caught one there. Down by the park where the boat ramp is, if you sit on the dock and cast say about 2:30ish in direction there used to be a good size hole there, I have caught blues up to 15lbs right there. and if you go on up the creek around the low bluffs by boat, that is a very good place to catch flatheads. Lot of limb lines up there though. Mac

17. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    hey thanx for the info...will have to try it..sounds like you have caught so gooduns down there...maybe you have a magic fishin' pole or somethin'..heh-heh. we try all kinds of bait down there...some work--some don't.
    I tell ya, when my youngun' caught his 4-5 lber late Sat. night it sparked somethin' in him and I think he may be an addict now.... his bait clicker going off made him move like being kicked out of his chair:smile2:

I spoke with my old neighbor from mt.burg today and she said she was going to be workin' at the new lake ft. smith when it gets goin' plus one of my engineers at work is on the ft. smith city council and he says it looks like Oct-Nov for opening the park..:big_smile:

18. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    4/0... man that sounds great on the park, I cant wait. been closed way to long, I know there are some good blues in there. Yea, keep that youngun hooked on fishin he might be less trouble later on LOL, say around teenage years :wink: One of these days when I get some time to just fish bunch of us need to get together and chase those cats. I fish alot of the same places you fellas talk about. I dont know what you use for bait, but if you could get your hands on some skipjack it would help you alot down at clear creek.

19. 4/0 kahle

4/0 kahle New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I use cut shad, small whole shad or small whole perch plus good ol' worms most of the time...my son is 14, right there @ the start of the teen thing...so far I can't complain...he's a keeper...:wink:
    yeah..maybe sometime a crew of us can get together somewhere and slay some BIGUNS.....:cool2:

20. charlestoncatman

State:
    arkansas
    sounds like a good idea for a homemade, inexpensive gaff coach..thanx