Arkansas River 5 Sep 07 They were biting

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by TOPS, Sep 6, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My Son-in-law and I went out Yesterday and caught 10 nice keepers. The most fish and the biggest fish were caught on Danny Kings bait. I did not take pictures due to the rain.[ wife would not let me take the camera in all that rain!] The biggest went 10 pounds. Yes rain! I fished in the rain, I was desperate, the weather was cool and I went fishing. I hope to go again today!!

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    way to go top.keep them lines tight.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    The way it was raining yesterday, I'd have been afraid to be out in a boat unless it had at least two bilge pumps. I didn't check the final figure, but I think it was pretty close to 3" for the day. Of course, part of the day it wasn't raining very much, so the rest of the day had to make up for it. And did.

4. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    good report top. were they all blues. i haven't caught a channel in a while.its good for the river to finally be down.

5. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Glad you did good Tops. Were you fishing above or below the dam at Dardanelle ? I see the river looks real low now.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jerry we had to leave thew biliage pump on the entire time. I have a big pump and it worked well, Boliver, we did catch a couple channels but the most were blues. The next biggest was a channel, it went about 7 or 8 pounds. NJunioe, I was above the dam, close to rock quarry. I put in at Piney ramp and shot across the river.

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Top, if your fishin over buy the quarry, fish that edge we fished that time, on the drop off, might catch that frieght train that got me that day. Late in the day i would think would be best when they come up on that flat to feed. Catch ya some blue gill. might get a big ole flatty. :wink:

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mac, Do you still have your boat? Is it running ok? I love that boat. The big boat is not running correct, and I traded the small boat[Bass Cat] for a ford truck. the truck has 207,449 miles on it and needs a motor. I now are back to begging for a boat ride.:angry:

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Top, my boat is outa commission. It needs a new Stator, and those things are expensive, so it will be a bit for its goin. I should have it goin for the skippy run. Whats wrong with yer boat?

10. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The boat is bogging out very badly, It will at times pick up speed but at otertimes it will not get enough power to plane out. I cant get it over about 10 miles an hour. this 115 should run about 50 miles per hour!

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Top that sounds familiar to alot of the threads i have read on the repair section. go browse thru there see if you cant find the answer. could be carberation, could be a coil, never know with these dang outboards. LOL.

12. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Well Top sounds like you like fishing like we do. Went to ormond Friday with my hunting buddy and it rained on us from 7am till 10:30 off and on. The river was low and we were on the bank cause he has to move about some cause of bad arthritis. Two small fish and one big gar that he was thrilled to get. But Sunday my daughters boyfriend and myself hit it again to fish holes below dam and drove thru rain the whole way down. Put on total raingear and hit it. Too much current so we anchored below bouys on power side for ten minutes till the horn went nuts! We split downstream pronto and they threw it open big time. Fished in the pt. remove creek mouth and caught 30 but kept 19 biggest. 3 to 14 lbs. all nice fish on skippies cut up and liver. Big fish hit Whole 10 inch skips and missed two that really hammered those big bait. The high water was a blessing. And the rain quit at the horn and it was a perfect day on the river.:smile2:

13. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Sounds about like mine. But, with the bad leg, i have not been able to get it out on the water to mess with it any. Thought about selling mine and buying a deck boat, or trading for one! I have a spare 115 at the house for parts. Will just have to wait until my knee ordeal gets over with to mess with it!

14. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Top, didn't you just get that boat out of the shop? If I get something out of the shop that isn't fixed right, it goes right back in.

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Jerry, I did not put the boat in a shop, I am talking about the new boat[new to me]. The Small boat[70 horse] is running good but I traded it for a truck.

16. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    isnt that how it always goes, top? you trade the boat thast runs...and the one you keep stops runnin.maybe thats just myluck...but at least you have a boat..im stuck on shore:sad2:

17. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Glad ya got to go Top:smile2: I guess that son-in-law can do more than catch bait huh?:eek:oooh:

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Sam, That new son-in-law was a good catch, he can use a cast net very well:big_smile: I now have shad in my bait freezer along with the skips. He loves to fish and hunt, I told I would forgive him about the hunting:wink:[ just because I am not able to go hunting!] As long as it does not cut into my bait fishing!!! he cant hunt all hunt as long as he likes! :big_smile::smile2::wink::smile2:

19. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Before you spend a bunch getting it worked on check the fuel line. My motor had similar problems which was a kink in the fuel line. Good luck getting it going . Hope you don't miss too much fishing.