Arkansas or Cimarron Rivers entering into Keystone Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Noodler87, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have not been to this website in several months! Been too busy with hunting and work during the fall and winter... So I am done with hunting and I am ready to go fishing SOON!!!!!

Was wondering if anyone have been catfishing along the Arkansas or Cimarron River nearby Keystone lake lately? If so, how was fishing?

Has anyone been able catch shads during winter? I know its very tough to find the shads right now and I never had any good luck find the shads between December thru early Feburary.. :dont-know:

2. ShawnWatkins

ShawnWatkins New Member

State:
    Ok
    Fishing is excellent right now on keystone.. Shad are thick on the northern shores, shallow during the day.. caught some good fish on sunday.. had one that went over 20. Most of the fish where caught 7-10ft. water on main lake was 39, uplake was 46-47.

3. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Man! I went there last week on Friday.. I couldn't find any shads around the lake or the river from banks. I use cut drum and only caught two nice blue a 12 lbs and a 17 lbs. I was fishing on Cimarron river nearby Mannford town from 6pm to 11pm.. I could have do better if I was fishing during the day time because the water was about 38 degree..

4. ShawnWatkins

ShawnWatkins New Member

State:
    Ok
    What kind of electronics you have on your boat??

Good electronics are must, this time of the year!!!

5. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No I don't have a electronics on my boat. I have a little jon boat with a 9.5 hp motor. we were fishing from bank at Cimarron River..