Arkansas newbie

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by catchaser19, Apr 18, 2006.

1. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Iam planning to come to arkansas in the middle of july and i need to know some spots to latch into big wiskerfish. I will be in the area of bentonville. Does anybody know some good spots i can fish around there. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) Welcome to the HOOD!!!! Don't know the northern part of the state....but I do know a lot of those folks drive down to Ozark to fish the Ar. river.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Can't help you with fishing up in NE Arkansas, but if you decide to come down and fish the Arkansas River, I know some parts of it pretty well. Maybe be able to point out a few spots.

4. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    catchaser bentonville , that by spring dale. at beaver lake , st. east of u . good cat aria. off 412 hy way on east side of bridge . blue springs aria . war eagle around docks goshen twin bridges . all good bank fishing arias. if u have a boat anywhere will work on the lake . also ft smith lake on 71hy way. u have some great lakes just west of u in okla. heck ur on top of the fishing world . the aria ur in is one of ark. best kept secrets. have a day. wish i was there.

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Ray has mentioned all the good spots, And mentioned Lake fort Smith which is where im at, I see the lake everyday, Only Look is all I can do, Its still closed. I wish they would hurry up and finish working on it so I can go fish it. Bound to be awesome fishing after all these years being closed, There should be some nice blues in there now.

6. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    cvatchaser19,
    Welcome to the hood!!! You moving or just visiting? Either way, there is some great catfishing opportunities in this state. It doesn't matter what section your in, your near some great fishing. Anything from clear, deep mountain lakes to slow, stained, delta rivers. I think every impoundment and most flowing water in this state is loaded with the good ole whisker fish. Blues, Flats, and Channel. Take your pick, and location and the opportunity is there.

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC. If you dont find an answer here then it dont exist.

8. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Iam just coming down for a few days. to see family, and i figured i am not goin to arkansas without my fishing gear, so i was curious as to how to make the most of my few days there. Thanx for your help guys.

9. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    catchaser, log on to afgc.com and scan down and get the weekly fishing report from it. tells whats biting by area. includes lakes and rivers and usually what bait the fish are being caugh on.

10. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas

Here's the link that Chuck was talking about.

http://www.agfc.state.ar.us/fishing/fishreport_all.html

SY

11. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It's great to have an out-of-state bro. come to Arkansas to do a little catfishing. Hope ya catch the one(s) your after. Good luck.