* * * Arkansas Members, Please Read * * *

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TDawgNOk, Mar 12, 2007.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Arkansas D. B Memorial Gathering - May 4, 5, 6,- Lake Degray S.P

Last year was the first year that I went to a gathering. I was very apprehensive about going having only met Mike Holiday in person 1 time. My wife and I were planning on our kids not going so we could check things out. The Monday before the gathering, we met Danny and Susan (Drk48) from Texas at the camp ground. I had agreed to keep their brisket in our freezer for them while they camped out for the week. My wife and I were so taken by the kindness and love in their hearts, that we decided to take our kids too.
    Durring the gathering, I spent a lot of time fighting with my boat. (long story) However I did meet a TON of Great people and had an awesome time. We enjoyed it so much, my wife has asked me at least 1 time a week since if there are any gatherings close enough that we can make it. So this year we are heading over to Arkansas to make this wonderful gathering.

I encourage everyone to try and make this gathering. You will not regret it and will be amazed at the natural high you will be on from meeting so many great people.

Hope to see you there!!!!

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I was at the first ever BOC gathering, and have been fortunate to attend a bunch since then, and I have enjoyed every single one of them. I encourage everyone to make a gathering if it's at all possible; you'll be hooked.