arkansas in ok

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by poisonpits, Aug 3, 2008.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i know im not from ok but i do a lot of fishing in ok.last friday nite my friend cassk and i went to wister lake below the dam.they wernt leting out much water but we decided to fish any way.cass cought a channel that weighed bout 4 lbs.and i caught a 12 and a 1/2 lb flathead plus a gar.we got several bites but thos were the only fish that came to the bank.heres a pic with my son holding the fish.sorry i only got the head my other pics.didnt come out.

Attached Files:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Perhaps not the most productive trip ya ever been on , but ya got a mess of fish and likely had a nice visit. Beats mowin grass or pickin up trash.:wink:

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Now see Johnnie if ya woulda had me with ya ya woulda got some good pics.:wink::smile2:

Glad ya'll had a good time and caught some fish.

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    welcome to the land of milk and honey! next fishing trip catch 59 highway north to kerr lake, good camping at cowlington point thats the south side of the lake , holler at us and if we can we`ll go fishing!:smile2:

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    That's a good looking flat there Johnny. I've driven over the dam on that lake several times but never had the time to wet a line there. Looks like a nice lake without too much pressure. I bet there's some monster flats in there.

6. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    johnny. the next time your at ker and have room in your boat. give me a yell and i will meet you at the lake.

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Chris, at one time, the state record flattie came from Wister.

We rabbit hunt down there, and have wondered about that little tailwater. Good info, J, thanks for that.

8. pinetreelw

pinetreelw New Member

State:
    OK
    Poisonpits, come on down to Broken Bow lake, you might like, got a few cats here, but hard to catch. Lewis

9. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This proves what all us catfishermen know. You got water, you got bait, you aint on the couch, you will get a few. Thanks for the post thanks for fishing OK. We got better we got worse places to fish, you never know till you, Keep them lines wet