Arkansas Gathering - I don't understand

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkie55, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    As I'm sure most if not all of you know, there will be a central Arkansas gathering on the lower White River at Merrisach Lake Campground this coming weekend. Now I know it's Fathers Day weekend and I also know gas is high. What I don't understand is the seeming lack of interest in this gathering from the Arkansas gang? I know Jerry has been supporting this thing and talking about it for almost a year and he deserves our support wheather or not we can attend. I plan on going down on Thursday and will probably stay through Saturday and possibly Saturday night. I told my wife and family to consider this camping/fishing trip my Fathers Day gift from them to me. I really hope there is a lot of interest in this gathering and support of Jerry even if you can't attend. We have some of the greatest catfishing opportunities in the world and I might add some of the most knowledgeable fisherman in the world and an opportunity to share some time with them on those waters is, I consider, priceless. The Lower White River is known for it's outstanding fishing and beauty. The ramp on the lower White is only 10 miles from the Mississippi. There will be several guy and gals there that fish the Mississippi on a regular basis and tapping their knowledge is something I look forward to. I also look forward to meeting some good folks that up until now I have only met on screen and not face to face. The fishing should be outstanding as well. If you have any interest at all, please let Jerry know by posting here and lending him support for his efforts organizing this fishing/camping/gathering.

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Gotta work Friday and Saturday. You all have a good time and I will try to catch up on another one.

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Terry not only is there going to be a chance for some good catfishing at the gathering this weekend but the most important thing is there are going to be some of the most outstanding members the BOC has camped in that campground.I know for a fact that every one who posted they will be there is A#1 frist class and anyone who will miss this gathering is missing out on the chance for some good fishing but also the chance to fellowship with some great people.

4. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    It really sounds like a great time, and I would love to be able to make it, but the timing (father's day) combined with my boat woes as of late (I'm going shopping Saturday) make it impossible for me to attend.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Jim have fun and try not to catch all the fish.
    Wish I could make it. but other plans take over.
    Pete

6. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I do understand the timing is not good for some folks. And of course there are other reasons that prevent folks from going. I know, I have had lots of things prevent me from attending gatherings and mini gatherings. We just can't control everything. I was just concerned that we Arkansas members were not showing Jtrew enough support on this. Although this gathering is more a fishing outing than a social outing it still takes a hugh effort to get one of these things going. Jtrew, we do appreciate what you have done and if at all possible we'll see you Thursday at Merrisach.

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I would love to be there and meet some nw members....but we have a tournament on toledo bend this weekend..matbe next time:wink:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Already have plans Hate to say what but ive been roped into a golf tournament.:embarassed: Good luck on the fishing and have a safe trip. 777

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have just taken the grand children back to Louisiana. I need the rest from that chore. Being on the same weekend as Father's day is pushing my luck, My wife is not a fisherman/camper. She puts up with me and the B.O.C., I would not wont to PI-- her off and she makes me quit the B.O.C. That would the biggest hurt to me. She thinks I will get sick again and she wonts me close in case I do get sick.. I just can not take the chance of making her mad. Fathers Day is bad for me. You guys have a good time! I hope to make the Next one.

10. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Tops,
    I expect that's the case with a lot of folks. We don't need to be Pi__ing off the better halves. I know there is no way I would even think about doing that. When I first told mine I was thinking about going down, she mentioned it was Fathers Day. I said, yeah I know it. That trip is what I want for Fathers Day. She knows I enjoy my fishing and my hunting. I've been doing ever since we met way back in the late 60's early 70's. I know she would rather I stay home and fish Saturday morning but she supports me doing what I love to do and having a good time to boot.

Your wife is only showing her love and concern for you when she is worried about you getting sick again. You should be very proud she is looking out for your health. You'll make the next one.

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Thanks, Terry. But I know that anytime there's a gathering on a holiday, that's going to interfere with some people being able to attend. Furthermore, the reason I started so early with this gathering was because I knew that there were going to be other gatherings all around, including the national gathering, and most of us just can't attend all the gatherings we'd like to. And putting a gathering on the list at the last minute just makes it that much harder for someone to schedule it. So, for those of you who can't make it, I understand perfectly...I've had to miss more gatherings than I care to count.

But, I just put 20# of chicken on to cook to make a big batch of homemade chicken & dumplings. :wink:

12. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I'm turnin' this father's Day around instead of me getting a Father's Day gift I'm giving one,I'm taking some of my grandsons to a gathering and let them do a little catfishing.

Jerry Trew was the frist member I had the chance to meet.In the winter of 2001 when this was catfisherman.net and the BOC hadn't been thought up yet I was passing through Little Rock and ask Jerry to meet up with me.Jtrew is a trusted friend and and my brother for life so you can bet I appreciate him!!!!!

13. Tiger 22.2

Tiger 22.2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Working this weekend also. Hopefully I can make it to a gathering next year. Seems to be a lot to be learned about catfishing from the members here. Hope you all tear them up at the White.
    Tiger