Arkansas Fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Arkie55, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    My wife and I got up at 5:00 this morning and drove the local ramp on the local river. First time in several years she has had a chance to fish with me. We were running up river by 6:00 and fishing by 6:30. I got the ole skunk today but she managed to catch three. One flathead about 1 1/2, and two channel, one about a pound and the other about 2 1/2. She really enjoyed the morning and I really enjoyed having her share the boat.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Terry, glad to here you are fishing. It has been several weeks for me. I hope to go soon.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Greg[seedtick] and I fished the Arkansas river out of Piney bay Monday 12 June 06. I fished a couple deep holes that I know on the river. We were using Greg's boat and he has a nice Lowrance depth finder on the boat. We marked fish on the ledges of the holes but they just would not bite. Greg did catch a couple of channels with Danny Kings, but I am hard headed, I was using big bait for big fish If I had only put on a Looper rig as Greg did, I would have probably caught a couple channels. I did get one good run, the bait clicker was singing for about 5 to 10 seconds but when I picked the rod up and engaged the reel the fish was gone. I hope to do it again someday.