Arkansas Fishing Reports

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by prince, Aug 16, 2006.

1. prince

prince Member

State:
    Arkansas
  2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    thank you john are they still biting over there on conway problem with fishing reports are there are for last week i have heard to many times you should have been here last week i still like to read them:0a18:

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I've fished some of the places in there before the list was published and it never happens that way. Talked to other guys fishing and they say they can't get anything to bite. Think some marina's tell you how good the fishing is just to get you there with the possiblilty of selling you something.

Some may be reliable reports while others are a bunch of baloney. IMO.

4. prince

prince Member

State:
    Arkansas
    More people are fishing now - and staying longer. Good sign or 'wishful' dreaming - I'm not sure on Bream

But I keep seeing people catching Bass - either above dam. Then yesterday I saw two bass from the edge of the channel - in about 2.5ft of water

I put trotline out last night with stink bait and catalpa worms - but I suspect the turtles got all the bait i.e. bare hooks this AM.

One thing is I'm NOT putting trotline in best place - I'm just putting it close to my house so I can paddle out and check it. It's 2ft on one end and 3ft on other end of line - so that is perfect for turtles - not good for catfish with the HOT water :(

The fishing report is 'sometimes' a week old - and it's from 'whoever' answers the phone (whoever is working) the time the AGFC calls. But I know the guy that works up there most of the time - and he really trys to ask people - keep up and give as accurate of report as he can. But if nobody is coming in to buy bait - telling him if they are biting - then they just sorta 'guess from previous week'

Bottom line; Sometimes the fishing report is fairly accurate - depending on how many people go back for bait - brag about their catches. But sometimes it's from days or weeks ago. It all depends on how many people are out there - and in last week there are a lot more people fishing (that is why I broke down and put out my trotline - but not in a good spot cause I'm lazy in this heat.

I trust the full time guy - he tells me when others are NOT catching fish and I believe that is when he says 'fair' on the report. But when he says 'good' then somebody is catching something IMHO