Arkansas big cats

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by crane, Dec 26, 2005.

1. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
  2. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Everytime I read the story about that 139lb flathead my heart starts pumping. I can't imagine a 139lb flathead, I guess people just don't realize how big they actually get. Thanks for the link,great reading.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I sure wish I could hook up with one of those!

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I believe that if a fella fishes the arkansas river enough he will find them, I also believe that the arkansas holds fish as big as those in the Mississippi but probably just not as many, When I get my boat finished ( which is real soon) I will be on the river alot. But will need to find the stretch of water that hasnt been fished out by the commercial boys. May be hard to do but I believe. :D . Mac

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mac, I believe you are right! There are some big fish on the river, just have to find them! :confused:

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :confused: I agree....it's tuff to find spots that are free of those tangle nets...I see lot's of them around scranton and dardnelle.....There are a lot less of them though when the current is going....I know a couple of spots they can't set them though due to tons of brush :)

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Sam, Have you fished around New Blain? I saw some pictures of some big flats from our cable man. He lives around there.

8. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    reid showed up at the house with a 175 lb alligator gar............ fellows killed it bow hunting at toad suck....... brought it to him at uca............ reid is having a full body mount done by a fellow in vicksburg,ms............ so , it looks like uca is about to have one of the few full body mounted alligator gar ....... the fellow mounting it , mounted the world record 215 lber a couple yrs ago................ man a 175lb alligator gar is BIG!!!!!!

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Toad Suck!!!!!????? I've waded out in the water up there. Scary thought!