Arkansas B.O.C. Member Has Passed!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Nov 13, 2006.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    This is written with a very heavy heart, Dennis Barnes [ Tinboat ] has passed.Tinboat love the B.O.C. and made as many gatherings as possible. My prayers are sent to his family. Send all cards to:

Paulette Barnes
    1819 S. Culberhouse St.
    Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401

2. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I am very sorry to hear about Dennis. I had got to meet him at a couple of gatherings and had become very good friends with him.

3. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    srry to hear that ill send a little get better card ,tho i didnt no him

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Never got to meet the gentleman,but if he is/was a member of the BOC he had to be good people. Sorry to hear of the loss of another member. Prayers going out to the family. will try and get a card in the mail.

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    The Arkansas Gathering that i have planned in May of next year is now being renamed as the Arkansas D.B. Memorial Gathering. Tinboat was very much in love with the BOC and a residence of Arkansas. He was loved by all and will be missed very much. It is hard for me to write about him here and my heart is very heavy to have lost such a great friend and Brother. But, Dennis would want all of us to carry on with the Boc and he will now be at every gathering in heart and soul.

I will make a new gathering post for sign-ups and planning at a later date. The dates are May 4, 5, 6 of 2007. A location has not been decided on yet, but will be in the near future. Please make plans to attend as Tinboat made every gathering he could possily get to.

Mike Holladay is also Honoring Dennis at the Keystone 5 gathering. So,those that can't make one, then maybe you can make the other. I myself will be at Both!

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Sorry for the loss....I'll pray for the family.

7. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Prayers from Oklahoma,sorry to hear the news

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
  9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Man what a loss. I am deeply sadend by the news. I will defenitly make the Keystone gathering. I will cherish the pictures I have of Dennis and me at the 1st National gathering.

Jaime

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Thats very sad news. Had the pleasure to meet Dennis at the National Gathering. Our prayers and thoughts are with him and family.

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will miss Dennis and am sadden greatly. We suffer the same health problems and we both love out little dogs. It won't be the same at gatherings with out him. We will never race out wheelchairs again. I will ride in rememberance of Tinboat at every gathering I attend. He will not be forgotten. Rest in peace friend.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I noticed someone was on under Tinboat this morning, just making this easier to find....

13. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I was looking at some of the other obituaries under the above link. A couple of them had two pages of signatures and some had none. Dennis' obit has 11 pages of signatures and still growing. The man touched a lot of lives. He will truly be missed.

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I am Very saddened to here the news about dennis. I had the pleasure of meeting dennis at the National gathering this past fall. What a swell Man he Was! He will be sorely missed by All of us. Preyers sent to his family from Iowa. God Bless You Dennis, I'll see You Sir. On the Other side. Your Friend J.D.

15. Karoake_katfish

Karoake_katfish New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My heart is sad at the loss of one of the great brothers of the BOC. He was one of the many good men of the BOC , we all will and do miss him very deeply.Me and all of my family send out our prayers and sorrows to his family. He will be missed by all of the BOC.

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Very sad Lets keep his family in prayers

17. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I'm shocked!!!!!! I've been so busy that I haven't been checking the board from either work or home. I just got home from Mo. and decided to check in on things. What a shock!!!! I have had the pleasure of sharing a boat with Tin a few times. Spent a couple of weekends with him at gatherings. One of the good guys for sure. We had some good times on the St. Francis and the lower White River. Dennis, I will miss you and your sly humor. May God grant you piece and place you on a river full of big Flatheads with a bait well full of lively bream.