Ark. River/ Tulsa area

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by bedweary, Sep 1, 2008.

1. bedweary

bedweary New Member

State:
    Tulsa,Oklahoma
    Hello all, just found this forum and signed up immediately as I love catching river catfish, mostly targeting flatheads. Nothing beats the thrill of seeing a 20+ pounder surface on the end of your line.
    Wondering if anyone knows of decent fishing spots on the Arkansas in the Tulsa area. I used to fish the Grand river below Ft. Gibson dam and, through trial & error, found a few nice deep spots where the flatheads were almost always biting. Had to move back to Tulsa last fall for availability of medical treatments for a neurological disability and I'd like to find a relatively close place to fish cause I can't really afford to drive far for fishing ( my social security/disability check keeps me on a pretty short financial leash).
    Advice on any catfishing spots around Tulsa Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and good luck pullin 'em in! BR

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    welcome br to BOC ! i`m sure some one will show you on some good fishing spots:big_smile:

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC!

4. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Welcome aboard! I lived there & learned to fish this river, the best tactic I used for flatheads is setup upstream from a big logjam then feed your baits directly into them....then hang on!!!!:big_smile:

5. bedweary

bedweary New Member

State:
    Tulsa,Oklahoma
    Thanks to all for making me feel welcome.
    Looks like we're getting quite a bit of rain over the next few days, hopefully enough to get the Arkansas river flowing nice & deep for awhile.
    With a forecast high of 76 degrees around here today, sounds like fall fishing weather may be here and I'm getting antsy! Haven't caught a fish since last summer so I'm overdue.
    I expect I'll find a good spot somewhere along this river and I'll be spending lots of time there in the cooler weather.
    Thank you all for your replies. Good luck out there. BR