Arizona Tips for catting and carping

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by THE CATKING, Jan 18, 2006.

1. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    Hey all !!! My son moved to your great state a few months ago from Cincinnati Ohio. He's a big carper and catter. He lives in the Chandler area just south of Phoenix. He could use some tips as to where to fish for carp and cats. He's totally lost out there .....;) He accepted a job in that area and works quite a bit which is leaving him little time to survey the fishing holes. Any tips would really be appreciated as to where to at least start looking ............. Thank You .... THE CATKING !!!

2. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    well my friend, there is plenty of cattin do to around this area. if you want to head to the big lakes to do some cattin, there is canyon, saguaro, bartlett. check the www.azgfd.com for directions, but if he wants to stay in town to do some cattin, then there is a bunch of urban lakes, also on the azgfd.com website. they dont stock cats until later this spring so if i have the catfish itch, i usually go on to those lakes in communities, you arent suppose to, but for the most part, they just ask you to leave. ive caught my biggest cat, of last year in my girlfriends neighborhood on one of her lakes, it was almost 10 pounds. PM me and i can give you directions to some of these areas. good luck out there! oh yeah, i forgot about tempe town lake, that is right by arizona state university (go sun devils!) but you need a state fishing license for that and saguaro, canyon, etc. and you need an urban fishing license for the urban lakes (i know its lame), but its better than getting a hefty fine!

3. dadcheek

dadcheek New Member

State:
    Tempe, Az
    Hi all, I would be glad to talk with him. Just PM me his name and phone number and I will give him a call. I am from Hamilton ohio, though i have been here 20 years. Little place called New Miami, my family all still live there. That's a nice fish in your pic where did you catch it at?

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Ditto here as well... I along with topjimmy would be more than happy to show him around. I primarly fish Bartlett Lake. You can PM me as well if you wish. Maybe we can schedule a lake trip. Would be interesting to swap "mostly true" fish stories. I have ties to Lorain Ohio. A whole lot of my wifes family lives there. I love the area just not during the winter time.

5. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    Thanks for the replys !!! I called Clayton last night and told him about this site. He will surely join up in the next few days and can pm and ask you all. That way we can cut out the middle man ... ME ....:D ....... I know where New Miami is dadcheek ...and my avatar pic is a bit " retouched" ...LOL ...Anyways, thanks to all of you and I'll get Clayton on here. He goes by cwcarper on alot of other sites and he really is an outstanding young man..... THE CATKING !!!

6. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey there THE CATKING tell your son to go west about 175 miles to the colorado river alot of 15lb+ carp, channel and some big flatheads, i think the record is 75lb's +or-. also going to be having a gathering in early april on the river with a bunch AZ and CA members, be a good place for him to hook up with some of the AZ dudes