Arizona rivers fishing

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by FLAT, Jun 28, 2006.

1. FLAT

FLAT New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    any good river fisning in az?lakes?mead?

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Just kidding, There are a few commited river fishermen here with some Avitar picks of giant cats to boast.

* Take a look around and welcome to the BOC.

3. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Try the Verde River Just below Horseshoe Dam ( Catfish point) you will need surf casting gear as the hole is about 100 yards or more off the rocks at the point. Take light tackle with you and use Strawberry dough balls in the weeds and reeds to catch Carp for bait. use tandem hooks on the carpone through the back by the dorsal and one throught he tail ( this keep them from flying off with the distance you need to cast them out).

I cant say it enough you have to cast way out to hit the hole where the Flatheads lay other wise you arent going to get much action:confused2: . he who casts the farthest catches fish the others watch.

Good luck tight lines and let me know how you do. :cool2:

4. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    You have to go during the middle of the week to even get a sniff of that place, usually it's packed on the weekends, can't wait till they open indian springs road so I can get back to my spot, good luck man.

5. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    if you have 4x4 you can cross the river at the cattle gard go past the ranch and get the the north side water is only about 2 feet deep.

6. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    not familiar with that route

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    My son and I got up this morning and headed out to scout some new spots around the Yuma area. We were going to try one spot out tonight but I got duped into going to a birthday party:roll_eyes: ... Might try it out this week.

8. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    well i guess you could say the colorado river is in AZ its on the AZ and CA and we have found some big flats over there, in may we got 10 fish that added up to 320lb the biggest being 48 lb

9. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Flathead fishin here is the best ive ever seen you just got to find the spots and have the tackle to bring them in.

10. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Rivers are few and far between in AZ. A dedicated individual could do well fishing them. The Colorado River from Lake Havasu, south is very good fishing.

Mead is good for channels, theres no flatheads (I'm pretty sure AZ has no blues.) There are plenty of other good lakes, same as the rivers they are kind of few and far between (compared to back east anyways).

Check back at the past threads, I doubt theres a lake or river in AZ that hasnt been talked about at some time.

11. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Nice fish guys!! My favorite place is Lake Havasu. There are huge catfish there as well as stripers and largemouth bass and other panfish. Regardless of how crowded it is you can always find a place to be by yourself and take in it's beauty and catch some nice fish. I have been going there with my family since I was a toddler ( and trust me on this one...that was a long time ago! ). If the wind doesn't blow you off the lake I can can get bit there!
    :cool2: