Arizona Republic!

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by usmarine, Apr 17, 2008.

1. usmarine

usmarine New Member

State:
    az
    BIG article, specifically on catfishing, in the AZ Repub in today's edition. Last page of the sports section. Decent article, although it seems to be a little basic for the average reader in this forum. Focuses mainly on urban lakes in Phoenix, stocking, common baits, etc.

Give it a read!

2. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I happened to notice the article too. In a way I wish that they would have had some article info about some of the monsters caught in Arizona but at the same time maybe it is a good thing because it will keep the better spots untold and unfamiliar to everyone.

I will say that it was still nice to see some mentioning of catfishing though.

Ryan

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Oh man, R U kidding me?... I am happy that the basics are still being preached.. I am happy to see that the AZ republic is not broadcasting what we already know.. Because I can only imagine all the bass fishermen who would be tossing out gills in our favorite spots only take their flathead catch and toss them in the back of their truck to go show ma and pa then toss them in the garbage..

** I think personally that each of us has a responsibility to share our sport, but also protect it.. Because the AZGFD ain't gonna do anything for us... In 2006 when I caught my state record, I leaked out too much information about the location and technique.. The next year I went back to the spot and was crowded out by other fools, some parked right over the top of the hole I was casting to. People get excited about the opportunity to catch a freshwater fish over 50 lbs.. Then when it happens for them, the fish is as good as dead..

* I would rather see people on the shore learning the sport with hot dogs and shrimp.. Then graduate to flathead fishing with respect for this species of fish..
    :0a17:

~A

4. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Amen to that Andy!!!!!!!

5. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    x2 I agree. Not enough fish for everyone to be catching and Game and Fish doesnt want to do anything for catfishing like they do bass.

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    PREACH on brotherman!!! LONG LIVE THE CAT FISHERMAN!!:0a23: