Arizona pics

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, Dec 8, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I was wondering if anyone had any cool pictures taken while fishing, not necessarily just cats, but rather off the wall photos you took while cattin in this great state of ours..

Here are a few pictures I snapped last year at Roosie when she filled up. I wish I could find that photo of Windy hill "island".

Attached Files:

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    how big the sun looks on a blue bird morning, waiting to launch

Attached Files:

3. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Andy,

I love the pic with the cactus in the water. What an oxymoron (sp?) that is. I remember last year when I went to Roosie the first time... I launched at night at Cholla Bay and rounded the bend...I almost slammed into a cactus. I was not expecting to see something like that.

When I get home I will have to see if I can find my pics of Northern AZ fishing from a couple years ago...I got some really cool ones.

Thanks for the post.

Ryan

4. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Anyone remember Roosevelt from 2002. It was a sorry sight. The lake ended before Windy Hill. Salome Cove was a beautiful green pasture. Was really depressing and ugly. I was sure that, in my lifetime, I would never see Roosevelt fill to the new levels. How suprised was I, a few years later to be boating around submerged Saugaros and flooded out rattlesnakes.

Attached Files:

5. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Rick,

Those are some pretty interesting pics. I never knew that Roosevelt was like that. Part of me really thinks what everyone thought when they were pouring the concrete for the new ramps...in the middle of a desert.

Thanks for the pics...I enjoyed.

Ryan

6. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Everyone,

I have looked high and low for my pics while fishing in Arizona. I cannot find any. I am bummed none the less. Arizona sunsets are unbelievable. All of you can agree with me on that one. I will have to find them.

Sorry

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Get un bummed.....I can believe the sunsets and sunrises too. Get some nice ones... looking from the colorado river.

bayrunner ray

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    those are some cool pics. Thanks guys. I especially like the pic of the partially submerged cactus!

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Not a lot of folks hang onto photos of their x's, but when there's a nice cat in the shot, it's hard to let it go..

Attached Files:

• 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      14 KB
      Views:
  10. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Here's a picture of my favorite toy, which I don't get to use nearly as much as I want to!!!!! Also, a great sunset at Patagonia Lake.

Attached Files:

11. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    hell of a sunset pict there pick

12. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Wow Rick!
    Nice toon, I could'nt help but notice the liners on your sponsons.. Are those keel sheilds?

* Here is a picture of my pontoon boat. Before and after the remodel.
    * Third picture is my canoe at lynx lake.

Attached Files:

13. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Rick,

That is a very nice example of an Arizona sunset. That is a beauty!!!

In discussion of boats, I got a new motor for my 12ft aluminum boat which I am going to try and test over the weekend...weather permitting. I will have to take a few pics so that everyone can see the huge boat that I fish with.

Ryan

14. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Andy....congrats on a great job on you toon. It really looks good. Yes, those are Keel Shields. If you get a pair for your boat, talk to me before installing them. I made one little mistake and it caused me some grief later on.
    But, I am really happy with them.

Hey Ryan....remember, size doesn't matter. I had a 12ft aluminum for a long
    time and I caught more fish than I will ever catch on my pontoon.
    Do you ever fish Lake Mary? I used to make it up there a few times a year.
    Can resist showing you this Northern Pike(sorry, catfisherman) I caught in Lower Mary. Good luck this weekend!!

Attached Files:

15. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Ryan,
    Good luck with the motor. Can't wait to see your cat fish'in rig...

Rick,
    * The guy that patched a hole in my boat earlier in the year quoted me about $250 to weld an aluminum angle to the keels of both the sponsons... Mine are old and pretty thin. So I will probably do that apposed to the Keel shield. I have looked at the keel shield and the prices seemed a little too high, because I would need to get two.

* About the enclosure~ I'd bet that would be pretty nice on a cold windy night. I have constructed something similar to that with tarps, duct tape, and tie wire while waiting for a storm to blow through. Just not as pretty as yours.. When spring hits, I will get a green Bimini shade to match my boat, "The Mean Green".

16. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Andy,
    Aluminum angle sounds good for the keels. Keel shields are pricey. I came across them in an on-line catalog and they were double the price that I payed six years ago. I've been hoping for some warmer weather so I could get out "flattin" again. But, it looks like "El Nino" is going to mess us up.
    Oh well, we need all the water we can get.

17. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Rick,

If you caught that out of Lower Lake Mary, you did really well. When the lakes filled up and water spilled over into the lower lake, a lot of pike went downstream. The trout didn't do very well, but the pike did wonderful.

To be honest, I have not fished the lakes here much...I guess my biggest issue is that I would much rather fish somewhere where I can catch a monster flattie than fish close and catch little channels.

This next year I have a plan up my sleeves...we will see what happens.

Ryan

18. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ryan,
    I caught that fish when lower was very low and shallow. He had me hanging on and running up and down the shore line as he continuosly leaped out of the water. It was a blast.

Those Northerns love going downstream with trout. It's like traveling with your own Deli or Sushi Bar.

We have a Northern problem in Southern Arizona at Parker Canyon Lake. Somebody tossed in some pike that didn't belong there. Now they are enjoying the "buffet" of trout, bass, crappies and sunfish. I hope the Game and Fish can make a decision before they completely take over the lake.

Looking forward to Spring and trying to lookup your sleeves.....Luck

19. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Rick, I like that "fishing camper" in the picture... That Sunset/Reflection needs to be sent to the Arizona Highway Mag. Thats really nice.

Bayrunner ray

20. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey andy just saw your post on putting somthing on the bottom of your toon, read on the boc or somewere , were a dude used 1/2" round stock on the bottom of his toon to protect the bow, i'm think thats what ill be doing to mine, and by the way that toon is lookn awsome dude good job