Arizona Gathering... clarification

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by topjimmy, Jun 4, 2006.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    June 9-11 at Bobcat?

Correct?

Do we have a time in mind, or is it show up whenever?

And where, exactly, IS Bobcat?

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Bobcat is one of the last ramps on the East side of the lake. Right near Windy hill.
    * I don't think I am going to make the trek to Roosie this weekend. I really need to go though. I am probably going to wait for a break in my work, where I can get monday or Friday off to make it a two night venture.
    Good luck! Hope you catch a giant.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Looks as if people are dropping like flies. I will be there early Friday morning. Topjimmy, I will have the toon and I think Stina is going for this one so Jr will have someone to talk to. Let me know what time your going to be there or just ask the boss for Friday off and follow us up.

4. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I just wanted to mention that I will be at Roosevelt this weekend. I should be getting there around 6pm or so on Friday and will leave on Sunday morning.

I will most likely be fishing way up the Salt river channel...as far up as you can get with a boat. In addition, I most likely will be sleeping on my boat since I have it set up to do so.

If you see some dork on the water way up the channel in a small 12ft v-hull, it is me. Just shout out.

I am just hoping I can get into them...since it is around spawning time.

Martinman

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey fellas,
    I am going to make it. I will show up Saturday morning.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Is everyone fishing up the river.
    I have never had any luck up the river, but if that's where the party is. I'm there.

I am going to be in a ratty looking pontoon boat with two green striped umbrellas for a shade.

See you there!

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I have pretty good luck catching carp at Bartlett. Hope it pays off this weekend.
    * If anyone has any secrets, I would love to hear.
    Thanks!

8. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Me and Mikey are going for sure, that will be one 'toon and one Scanoe.

9. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    was at rosey last weedend , you can't get very far up the river at all , after the first sand bar, which might be above water by now , there was a hole about 13ft deep after that good luck, I've never been to rosey before last weekend , and damn is it ugly, dead brush and filthy water is everywhere, getting skunked probably didn't help my opinion of the lake much, but I think I'll stick with bartlett, good luck guys , next one at bartlett ,count me in

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Howdy~
    ~ I am going to head out to Rosie early Saturday morning.
    * I have pleanty of room on the toon, it will be just me and my houd dog. If anyone wants to team up and fish Saturday night from my boat that would be great! I have not been able to find any one to fish with.
    ~ Let me know!

Thanks!
    P.S. (I don't drink)

11. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    AZ Flats,

I will be up the main river channel on Friday night and I plan to fish there Saturday night as well. I am meeting up with Tony (silenced majority) on Saturday with his friend. They do not have a boat, but I was going to at least get them in a decent area to try and fish.

If they want to, I am sure that they may want to fish on your boat...if you are willing to let them. At any rate, we can all meet together and talk it over.

I will be launching from schoolhouse, but will be in my boat the whole time...I campout on the boat.

Good to see that there are several of us that are going to meet up.

Martinman

12. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Sounds good dude. Let me know a time and place to meet and I will be there.
    ~ Take care.

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Sorry,
    An old friend of mine chimed in today asking to go fishing. So it looks like I won't have an empty spot.. Real sorry Tony. But I would still like to meet up with everyone to review game plans for the night. I can also give you a lift to a choice spot for catching bait or catfishing.

~ Please make a post to where we are to meet at and the time.

Thanks!!!!

14. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Myself, my daughter and the Pajama man along with Topjimmy and Jr will be there. I am leaving between 6-7AM Friday. I am planning on launching at Grapevine or Schoolhouse which ever is easier. I will be in a 28ft Party barge Toon with green binimi. Just look for the cute blond girl and two old farts and that will be us. I am going to map out the river end first thing upon arrival and see just how far down the river I can get. If I cant get that far down river then I plan on fishing around the points just off the main lake. Looking forward to seeing everyone who may show!!

15. akleader

akleader New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I will be at Rosey. I have a new Ranger 620VS, and I want to break this in w/ a Flattie. I am brand new to this site (5 minutes ago). I have been looking for something like this.

One question. Are the Flatties all over the lake or must one go way up the River? I pray that I catch one. As I learn I promise to share my successes and failures.

Say Hi if ya see me. I will do the same.

Will Flatties bite in the day?

16. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hi Steven,
    Welcome to the BOC. If you like catfishing, you will like it here.
    ~ This will not be an organized gathering, but hopefully we can all meet to share stradagies.

~ Flathead can be caught all over the lake. But, large ones are more prone to be caught near the salt river. I have caught some decent ones near Windy hill.

~ If you see a pontoon parked up in a cove with two striped green umbrellas, it is probably me, ( I will be catching bait).
    * Come say hi, I would be more than welcome to share what I know to help you be successful/

* Flathead catfish are by nature nocturnal. But can be caught in the day time. Probably important if you can put the bait right in front of them.
    * Take care, good Luck!

17. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Can I just say is it time!!!!

Guys, I will be getting there around 6-6:30pm tonight (Friday). I am going to try and swing up the river as far as my little boat will go...which is about 3ft of water.

If you see a 12ft v-hull aluminum boat with a new briggs and stratton 5hp motor on the back of it, yell and shout me down.

I hope that all of us will be having a fun time.

Tony and Mark....I will still plan on meeting up with you on Saturday at 1pm. If you read this in time, try and get a couple dozen waterdogs. I will bring a bunch as well, but it will not hurt to have extras.

Ryan

18. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey if ya can,t see ryan just listen for the roto-tiller on the water lol, ryan good luck dude and we'll see at the river again soon

19. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Hey Dale,

Thanks for the compliment :lol: You didn't even get to hear it at full throttle!

I know that my boat isn't as glamous as yours, but it works.

When are you going to be back to the river? Brian mentioned that he probably won't be back for a few weeks. Just wondering.

Ryan