Arizona Foreclosure Scam

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Rcaarizona, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Since all of you live in Arizona I thought I would give a forewarning to you guys as to what is going on. I would hate to see any of you guys get scammed. Guys this is serious business here, and it is a crime investigated by our Attorney General, and the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). I only started this thread, because of the people I have met from this very website, three are going through this crap. I can ONLY speak for anyone who is going through this in Arizona.
    For those of you who do not know, I am a Real Estate Agent here in AZ. I am in NO WAY soliciting your business. I am a highly experienced RE Agent, and been a Top Ten Realtor in Arizona since 2002. I have also been Nationally ranked.
    If you are going through or facing a foreclosure, and you are working with a third party, who accepted an upfront fee from you, you may be a victim of fraud. There are a lot of companies asking you for this fee, which can be upward to $5,000, then not doing squat, promising you the world (including refunds if you are not happy). This scam is known to be called the "Foreclosure Rescue Scam". Please do not fall for it, and if you are currently a victim of this, let's put these criminals where they belong, in jail. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help you out, and put you in touch with the proper legal authorities, as well as help you research the Company that you are currently working with. PM me, and we can go from there. I'm sick and tired of these crooks stealing people's money, and would love to help any of you guys. Once again. I AM NOT soliciting your business! I do this for free, in fact it is ILLEGAL for me to accept ANY compensation for helping you guys out. It is sad to me to know that of the 25 or so people that I have personally met and fished with off this very website, three are going through this. That is too much. - Rob
    *Make sure you Google "foreclosure rescue scam" to get informed!
    If you do not want to PM me, your Investigative Agencies are; The Arizona Attorney Generals Office, and the Federal Trade Commission.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    Thanks for the info rob! Always looking out for the bro's!

3. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    rob...thank you for the valuable info!

4. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    a guy i work with had this happen to him. bad stuff.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Great post Rob, My cousin out here in cali just had that done to him they lost there home and are living day by day...They arrested one person the other is still on the run the one lady who was caught admitted that they had scammed many many people out of there money.

6. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Absolutely, and it is huge right now, fortunately the US Attorney's Office here in Phoenix are going after these crooks, Pisses me off that they steal money from people, who are looking for help, AND in a financial crisis. Pass this information on to him, he could have recourse legally. There are many class action lawsuits being settled out of court right now, as well as many indictments on the criminal side.
    Not only being in Real Estate since 2002, prior to that I was a Financial Crimes Investigator, contracted through the US Attorney's Office. I strictly at that time investigated; Armored Car Thefts, Bank, Bank Vaulting, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Federal Reserve, ATM, and any vaulting facility loss investigations, then 9/11 hit, and I was laid off. That is when I went into Real Estate. So I enjoy helping to put financial criminals in jail, and I get to help people out.

7. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    he started out by tellin me about how this"guy wants to talk to the bank to tey to keep his house." haha, I told him dat is the bank busness and you businness noboday else. he said this guy wanted like 3000 dollars to help him. I told him to keep the banks number an talk to them but he espanol an he think only messicans help him an nobody else. the bank people speak spanish an not for no 3000 dollars. :wink::smile2:

8. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Rob, thanks for the info. It sucks that people will take advantage of you when you are down.

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    That is exactly the verbage used. Here are some examples of promises/pitch lines used in this scam:

Promises:
    “Stop Foreclosure Now!”
    “We guarantee to stop your foreclosure.”
    “Keep Your Home. We know your home is scheduled to be sold. No Problem!”
    “We have special relationships within many banks that can speed up case approvals.”
    “We Can Save Your Home. Guaranteed. Free Consultation”
    “We stop foreclosures everyday. Our team of professionals can stop yours this week!”

Pitchlines (These are red flags):
    guarantees to stop the foreclosure process – no matter what your circumstances
    instructs you not to contact your lender, lawyer, or credit or housing counselor
    collects a fee before providing you with any services
    accepts payment only by cashier’s check or wire transfer
    encourages you to lease your home so you can buy it back over time
    tells you to make your mortgage payments directly to it, rather than your lender
    tells you to transfer your property deed or title to it
    offers to buy your house for cash at a fixed price that is not set by the housing market at the time of sale
    offers to fill out paperwork for you
    pressures you to sign paperwork you haven’t had a chance to read thoroughly or that you don’t understand.

**These quotes come directly from the Federal Trade Commission's website.
    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre42.shtm

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  10. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Thanks for the info Rob. So now I know why you can fish so much. I'm sooo jealous. Your the man :cool2:

11. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thx rob for the info man i think that ppl like that need to be shot

12. force61

force61 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    First off I want to say thanks a ton Rob. I'm one of the "ppl" who he has helped out, and let me tell you first hand he is there to help and not sell his services. He's a first class person with world class morals. If you are in a sticky situation and don't know where to go, please understand that when Rob says he's not doing it to promote himself he is 110% truthfull in that statement. Every bit of help he has given me has been for my benefit with my best intrest in mind, and he has not made a penny off of it. Of course though whenever I meet you face to face one day I'm gonna have at the very least a few cold ones for ya....:wink:

13. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Actually, what is sad, is that you are the fourth person, the other three I have actually fished with. I am getting with several Brokers here locally, as well as an awesome Real Estate Attorney, to help you guys come up with the correct Legal verbiage to confront these companies and get your money back. I am holding a Broker's get together next week. So far there are going to be four Brokers who are good friends of mine, a Real Estate Attorney, and a Financial Advisor, all us are pretty well versed in the Real Estate Community. There are already laws in place that most have violated.
    Just and FYI, I will hold you and your situation in absolute COMPLETE confidence. I will help out any one who is a Member of this site in Arizona, or their family members/friends. I need something else to do, besides play online games, chat on this website, fish, and Blog!! LoL:smile2:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  14. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    " he think only messicans help him " lmao:smile2:,lmao:smile2: silly its mexicans! thats the funniest thing I seen all day.

15. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    rob doesnt drink, but I will be more than happy to take those cold ones for him:big_smile:

16. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Imagine the Chauvinistic pig he would be with the help of alcohol!!!:smile2::smile2: