Arizona channel cats!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by liverboy, Sep 14, 2006.

1. liverboy

liverboy New Member

State:
    Tonopah, Arizona
    I am only 19 years old and i have been using liver like my whole life for these channel cats and i was just wondering what would be better for bait here in Arizona? And also what would the Bigger channel cats like best, would they like the deeper water or shallower water?
    Thanx John from Az.

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    John try using some cut shad for those channels they seem to love them around here as far as water depth you have to move around the fish do

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    FRESH cut bait , deep during the day , and will be running the shallows at night , I have seen them in as little as 1ft of water.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The fresh cut bait thats native to their water.Great post,just what I'd have said!!!

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    These guys have you covered. The only thing I can add is try everything until you find something that works.

6. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    It all depends on what size you think is BIG. my personal experiance is that if i use cut shad i could end up with either a 3# cat or bigger. not saying that channel's bigger than that won't hit stink bait, but it's kinda seldom. go with live or cut bait to TRY and get bigger cats.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Where do you catch catfish in Arizona? I was just there for 5 days and the only water I saw was in swimming pools. flying in and out I didn't even see a river.

8. liverboy

liverboy New Member

State:
    Tonopah, Arizona
    It is usually the Gila River cause of living close to it and love just driving there every afternoon and trying to catch some nice cats but on the weekends i usually go with my Uncle and fish night till morning and catch some decent cats, and once in a while catch some over 10lbs!