Arizona Blue Catfishing!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by martinman, Dec 8, 2008.

1. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I know that this will sound way out of place for all you southern guys, but it is freaking cold up here and I am kinda bummed out about all this catfishing that is going on.

If I had the time to get away to some warm weather to catch a nice flattie it sure would be nice. Snow, cloudy skies, cold nights, etc. sure is not helping things.

Keep up the good work on fishing as I sit here wishing that I could catch something:confused2:

Ryan

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Ryan, i'm trying to amagine living up there in flagstaff. i mean that's a pretty area to live in. but, nope, love it down here in yuma. you can have the snow, cold, and sitting home. let's set up a time for you to come down after chritsmas to fish. won't promise fish, but do promise good time, a warm bed at night, i'll cook, and you do dishes. LOL too cold to fish at night for me, but during daytime, i'm game.
    gary

3. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    By the way...for those who read this thread, I could have swore that I titled it Arizona Catfishing Blues.

Maybe the cold weather is making me lose my mind too!!!

Gary,

I am going to have to do something...even a trip to Phoenix might help. The only thing is the warmer weather won't be for another 4 months.

Ryan

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Ryan,,, I can relate.... I moved out of that town, 8 years ago,,, don't miss it at all,, however, I didn't move far enough south,, Still too cold here in the Verde Valley...

I've only been threatening to go fish for the past few weeks, Sure need to hit Roosevelt or the river soon!!!

I agree w/ Gary,, a bit cool at night, but, might grit through it a time or two again,,,
    If I can catch bait, I figure I can catch Flatcats,,, only fishin' will tell..

Maybe, head South together sometime if it could work out,,,

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    LOL. i just figured you had the blues, Ryan. all that white stuff coming down is getting to ya.
    gary

6. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Hey Ryan, if you do have blues where you fish, NOW is the time you can find them in schools stacked in deep holes and are willing to eat:crazy: all ya got to do is get the bait in front of them, the guys here in missouri on Truman lake are getting their limits daily and really catching huge numbers, and around here the water is 41 degrees and all are caught on fresh shad:wink:

7. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey Ryan hows that new snow blower working out for you:big_smile::smile2::smile2::smile2:. Dude did you slip on the ice and land on your head ya gota know there's no blues in AZ:crazy::tounge_out: emmm but there is a record for one i think:confused2:
    Ryan just got back from the river last Wednesday night after a week 1/2 , spent most every day on the water:0a18:, only fished for channel's got 5 fish on thanksgiving day the day after the rain, ya ya rain in the middle of the desert, it can happen and a whole day of it:amazed: man the boat sure was nice and warm inside with it all zipped up:wink:

Spent part of the last 2 days moving the trailer off of the river:cry::cry: sure am going to miss the veiw:dribble: truly a million $ veiw

8. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    and the pic's

Attached Files:

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Dale, You're not helping here,,,, showing those awesome pics,,, man ,, I'm missin the river....:tounge_out:

Did you have any luck catching bait??

Oh yes, Awesome looking boat,, serious looking cat slaying rig...

10. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Dale, that is your new boat, right? It seems it never gathered moss thru this year of fishing. What a beautiful all weather rig! Thanks for the pictures!

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Dang it! For a second there I thought that we were getting news that Az has finally gotten on the band wagon and stocked some blues in the water systems!:roll_eyes: I would not mind taking a trip up there to Flagstaff to see some snow. My buddy is up there hunting right now.

12. azfisher

azfisher New Member

State:
    arizona
    nice Northriver boat !

13. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Nice boat Dale. Can't wait to come down to the gathering for a little flattie schooling. Never fished em so got some catchin up to do.

Sean!

14. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Dale,

Yeah the pictures didn't help much in calming me down. That okay though because I know that I will be back down there.

As for the snow, we are supposed to get more this weekend...maybe I will need the snowblower!!!:angry::crazy::roll_eyes:

It is at a time like this that I wish I was retired, didn't have to work, and could fish all day/any day. Oh, that's right...I would be an old fart like Bill though!!!:smile2::big_smile: LOL

Ryan