Argyle/Spring Lake in Illinois

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by IL Hunter, Apr 27, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm new to catfishing, and I have these two bodies of water that I can easily acess from school. I only have acess to the banks, and thus far I haven't had much luck any advice?

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tyler, welcome to the BOC. I think a little more information needs to be known about Spring and Argyle lake. What are you using for bait? If there is a creek or inlet to these lake, try next to them at the next rain. I assume the Argyle Lake is near Macomb, and is 95 acres?

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Thanks for the reply...the lakes are both near Macomb. So far I've tried using dip baits and dough baits. Both lakes do have an inlet, but they are not easily accesible by foot and that is the biggest problem. Spring Lake which is the Macomb City water source seems to have a lot of timber on the bottom of it. I've been getting nasty snags and loosing a lot of tackle out there. Arglye Lake is more rocky and I haven't been losing stuff in it. This weekend I'll be going out on the Illinois River with my girlfriends dad who actually knows what he is doing.

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Tyler, all of us started out where you now. A few of us have never learned much:)

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Well hopefully I find my learning curve and start picking up some skills and maybe a little bit of good luck wouldn't hurt either.