ARGH! ARGH! Young Harris Georgia!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Mar 23, 2009.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just got home a bit ago from #1 grandson's part of the world. It was his 4th birthday. He's from Warne N.C. in Clay County. We had a party for him in Young Harris Georgia. One thing nice about where he lives. Two steps one way you are in Georgia and three steps another way and you are in Tennessee. Nice part of the world. His mom decided to have a pirate party for him and I was voted to be a pirate. LOL! So not bein half arsed about anything I layed it on them. LOL! Heres a few pics of the festivities as well as some pics of the area we were in. We built a pirate ship and had the kids fishin from it. His mom baked a kick ass treasure chest cake and I'm sure some of you sickos will like the one shot. LOL! A great time was had by all. Told the kids a story and had em all believin me. LOL! My grandson wasn't even sure it was me. LOL! I'm for rent if ya need a pirate. Thats "PIRATE" not "PERVERT" LOL! Heres some pics to bore ya. Got me 5 days of vacation left and its time to hit the water. LOL!

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Some more. LOL!

Attached Files:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    MORE MORE MORE!

Attached Files:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Again LOL!

Attached Files:

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    You wear it well BG. I bet those kids had a blast.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I bet the little 4 year old remembers that birthday for a long time. Looks like fun was had by all especially grandpa:cool2:. Thanks for sharing the pics and good luck on the fishing the rest of your vacation.

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Looks like a great time George. Ya kept the costume, didnt ya?:smile2:
    You are right, that is some pretty country there.
    Tell him Happy Birthday for me.:wink:

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's cool, George! Thanks for posting. I pass through Young Harris and Warne once or twice a year. I love the area. There was a pretty good place there to buy hunting clothing, haven't been through there since Thanksgiving, though.

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    looks like they enjoyed themselves alot, thanks for sharing!!!! now go fishing for your treasure grandpa...

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!!! Now I didn't see any rum and that was probably a good thing! Thanks for bringing so much joy to the children and having a good time yourself in the process. Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

you the man....arghhhh I mean Pirate!

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's cool George, I bet everyone had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm a sicko BG, but I couldn't find anything to comment on. I looked at the pic's twice! oh' well..........:sad2:
    Looks like a good time was had by all and I do believe you have the Grandpa part down! lol You didn't surprise me with the pirate thing though. A lot of us knew that to begin with. You old Black Beard :wink:

13. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    What a cool birthday party! I love the treasure chest cake. How 'bout the little keys you had. Did they do a treasure hunt or something?
    Then... the fishing from the pirate ship; How neat! What kind of fish did they hook?

You do realize that the legend is that they beheaded ole Blackbeard and he still is out there lookin' for his head....

Didja bring me some of them gold covered chocolate coins back? You know yer my hero.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for sharing Big George:wink: Hey brother, was there a treasure hunt?

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Yes sir there was a treasure hunt. Had a map and everything. Thats what the keys were for around my wrist. Good eye. LOL!

16. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go George your grandson will never forget that Birthday party, Niether will the other kid's that got to see a real live pirate lol

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mornin' George. Stuck my head up for some air and had to see your handsome face with your Grandson. You did well my man.

And God or something created men like George to make the world a better place (in his own way, heheh.) Thanks for the pics George. See ya around the bend.

Later, John.

18. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Too bad you couldn't get the BOC flag in time to fly from the mast of that pirate ship!

I really like that hook you have there, George. It surely would come in handy gaffing those fish you catch.

Thanks for the great pictures, although you are definitely ruining your reputation of being a tough guy (we all know that you're a big ole softie around those grandchildren of yours). :wink:

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

George, thanks so much for the pictures! I bet the adults had just as much fun as the kids.....I know I would have. :cool2:

Who came up with the pirate ship/fishing idea? I really like that creativeness; neat ocean made out of the mylar and tissue paper!

Laura, here's a link to what the little keys were for, if I'm not mistaken. Ole BG can get pretty creative himself at times. :wink:

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104216

Oh, and George.....you definitely made an excellent pirate! :big_smile:

[youtubevid]7uzbGDWEnm8[/youtubevid]

20. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Behind that grey beard is a big ole heart of gold. I got a funny feeling you was enjoying it just as much as the kids was George, if not more.:wink: