area live web cams

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by paulp155, Jan 29, 2008.

1. paulp155

paulp155 New Member

State:
    Missouri, Bourbon
    Howdy all! New to the sight, I had a hard time going to bed last night because of all the info on this sight. just wondering if anyone uses the diffrent live web cams around the area to get a visual on the river conditions. MODOT has a couple of good ones for the new herman bridge. i sometimes watch it when i can't get out.

2. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    how big is that flattie you are holdin?

3. paulp155

paulp155 New Member

State:
    Missouri, Bourbon
    i didn't have a scale to weight it on. but my buddies and i where guessing real close to to 90lbs but for sure over 80. towed him a mile to the ramp took pictures there towed him back out to where we caught him. after two pictures i had a hard time putting him back in the water without scratching him up on the concrete ramp.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Paul.

5. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    you got anymore pics of it better ones? closer up ones?

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hello Paul and welcome to the BOC.

Not pickin at ya, but did I miss an avatar change? That flat in your photo would appear to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50 Pounds. I know photos dont do much justice sometimes, so if that fish was indeed over 80 pounds you were holding the Missouri State Record Flathead by rod and reel. The state record currently stands at 77 pounds, and was caught by a member of the BOC.

Glad to have another Missouri Member on the board. Share some more photos of that fish if you have em.

7. paulp155

paulp155 New Member

State:
    Missouri, Bourbon
    all we had was a very woren out piece of camera phone. i didn't find out how close the record was until later. i unfortunately did not catch jim on rod and reel. he was taken on a set jug line. the one picture is of my hand right next to it's head the other is of my friend holding him up.

Attached Files:

8. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome to the BOC paul your gunna love this site....I know i do.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome to the site. :big_smile:

10. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Paul,
    Welcome to the BOC. Nice flat head.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yep, not THAT looks like a 90 pound fish :smile2: Thats one whopper of a shovelhead. I'm not quite sure what the state record is for alternative methods, but I believe its well over 100 pounds.

Thats one dandy fish to say the least. I feel our rivers have quite a few fish like that and its only a matter of time before someone drops these existing records. Nice Catch, whether on a jugline or not.

12. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Hummmm.. did someone mention my name for taking the next state record???:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

13. mixrdrivr113

mixrdrivr113 New Member

State:
    Bay, Mo
    welcome to the boc,and nice fish. what is the website or the those webcams on the hermann bridge i fish the missouri and gasconadealot around hermann,would like to check out the cam

14. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Looks like a great addition to BOC.

15. paulp155

paulp155 New Member

State:
    Missouri, Bourbon
    modot (missouri department of transportation) has on their web sight a link to a couple different web cams looking at the new bridge that was built. www.modot.mo.gov/northeast/projects/hermanbridgemain.htm
    they will be there till later this spring. sometime after demolition of the bridge.

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    AAAAAGGGH why'd I look? Now I REALLy want it to be spring!

17. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Paul. You'll like it heah, lots of nice folks.

18. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If'n they did brother you better be using that fish you got in your avatar for bait...Good Luck

19. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    First off let me say welcome to the BOC and thank you for the website of the cams...wish we had some in the location I fish would be nice to see...That is a dandy flat you have there...Nice job and TY for CPR brother it may some day bite again for you maybe you will get it on a rod and reel and take you for a ride...Good luck and have fun here Brother some good people here in the BrotherHood...

20. paulp155

paulp155 New Member

State:
    Missouri, Bourbon
    there might be a web cam around your area. i sometimes go to the traffic cams around st. louis that the news channels use. some of them show a bit of river in them. they weren't put there to show the river but i'll use them for that purpose.