Are your gardens still producing?

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by boswifedeb, Sep 14, 2009.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Ours is still producing, but it has slowed down some. The squash and zucchinni didn't do very well and are gone, as are the cucumbers. But the tomatoes, okra, and beans are still going like crazy. How about y'all?

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Still got maters and peppers going here in Kansas. At least thats all we got, cause thats all we planted, lol.

3. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Maters & peppers going strong

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well Deb. Most of my onions have been harvested,the pole beans didn't make so I yanked them. Cukes are slowed way down,probably pull the vines next week. Zuccini,still producing,tho nearly not . will be pulling those as well. Watermelon,done. That leaves DILL,Peppers,Tomato's and OKRA. of the last bunch they're doing as good as ever.:wink: But the tomato's seem to be ripening all at once,getting a bunch every day now.

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Only thing left in my gardens is tomatoes and peppers....and weeds!:smile2:

6. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    The only thing still producing in our garden is okra and peppers. Okra
    8' tall and still going. You have to bend the plants over to pick it.

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I pulled up my tomato plants a couple of weeks ago; they never did really take hold this year. I think it's because I was so late getting them out. Also, I didn't really get the bed worked up real good, so I'm gonna work on it during the fall & winter & get ready for next spring.
    My banana, jalapeno & bell pepper plants are going strong though.

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    My serrano's-new mexico -anihime-red sweet and green pepper's plus tomotoes are doing great ...I never even pulled them out from last year i just cut out all the dead and they came back this year :big_smile:And boy are those chille's the best i had and way hotter than last year .

9. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I just picked 3 good zucchini today. They have slowed down to almost nothing though. Okra never did take this year, again, I need to do a soil test and fix whatever is wrong. Cucumbers and lettuce are done, peppers are done, tomatoes died after overwatering one day but we gathered enough to can 15 quarts. About the only things that are left are the butternut squash, pumpkins (which took over the garden), and a couple of zucchini plants.

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thought I'd show you a picture of a bowlful of peppers my hubby picked the other day. He ended up freezing some & canning some. Aren't they pretty?

Attached Files:

11. kingkat82

kingkat82 New Member

State:
    Central KS
    Tomaters(Big beef) here are still spitting out new blossoms tis been an incredible year for them. Handed out tons of bags a lot more than usual. Jale, bell and salsa peppers tore it up as well. Canned up crates of salsa and now I'm not sure what else to do, maybe some marinara sauce! Those peppers look AMAZING Roxie :smile2:

12. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Banana and Cayenne peppers are full and still blooming and the cherry tomatoes are slowing down with a few blooms. probaly be gone in a week or two. but them peppers are looking strong as ever:wink:

13. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    Mine was doing good till all this rain came it has rained every day for about a 3 week period The rain came then the grass came and then the deer finished it up

14. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I picked another big batch of green beans this morning, as well as okra. We also got a bunch of the green tomatoes to make green tomato relish this weekend. Sounds like everybody has been doing great!:big_smile:

15. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie

OOOOOHHH, PRETTTYYY!!!

16. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    About the only thing left in mine is some turnips. Pretty much got everything done for the year.

17. festus

festus New Member

I still have cayenne, poblano, anaheim, and jalapeno peppers, along with some Keystone bells. The tomatoes have been a disaster this year with blight. I got my first tomato about mid June, and they succumbed to blight about a month ago. I still have some plants that survived it but it's rained two weeks almost every day and I don't think they're gonna make it. I have cauliflower and broccoli which I hope will bear later. Also have lettuce.

18. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    The tomatoes are all but done, the okra has slowed WAAAY down, and I think the beans are just about done. BUT, I have a pepper plant that is absolutely loaded with peppers and another loaded with blooms. They haven't done very good this year until now. Weird!

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My tomato's are ripening full force,just have to watch the low temps and be ready to cover them if it gets too cold at night. Peppers are still producing as well ,Okra bout done,All in all this has been the best producing garden I can remember.:cool2:

20. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm sure I've got tons of banana & jalapeno peppers ready to pick, I just haven't made the time to go out & pick them. We've been trying to get things ready for deer season; building stands, etc. And today....more rain! So, I'm guessing they'll be going strong until frost, which is usually around the end of October here.