Are YOU the weakest link?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    The Weakest Link

Brothren, have you ever seen a suit of armor? This is about a medieval suit of armor called "chain mail". This is a suit of armor consisting of lots of adjoining chain links. The object was to create a suit that entirely covered a knight's body with these connecting links. The desired effect was that the suit could not be penetrated by arrow or lance or sword. The chain mail would deflect the other knight's weapon or prevent the weapon from penetrating the suit.

Of course there were problems that were caused by the shape of the human body. There were some places in the chain mail suit of armor that were weaker than other spots. Archers and swordsmen were trained to concentrate on the "weakest links" in their opponent's armor. The neck and the armpit, for example, were spots where the locking links were not as strong because of the curves and bends of the body.

That is were we get the term, "the weakest link". A suit of armor was only as strong as its weakest link.

If the BOC was a suit of chain mail, and each member represented an individual link, what part of the suit of armor would you represent? Would you be considered the BOC's weakest link? Would you be the member considered to be the most vulnerable and the least likely to make a positive contribution? Or would you be considered a strong member? One who does his part. One who tries his best and steps up when someone is needed. What part do you play?

Brothers, don't be the weakest link in the BOC.

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    :confused: :blink: :0010: :know-big:

chain mail :thumbdown LOL.

Just dont shoot below the waste. :D

Good post.

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    LMAO- TONY IS THE COD PIECE.

gotcha TDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG!

I hope I aint the weakest nor the strongest. I betcha Im a purty pungent piece.... maybe a link from the armpit.

Dano- Are you the finger?

Sal

4. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    no matter what piece you are somebody will always try to find your faults lol maybe because they have nothing better to do than ruin your day lol either way there are people on this site that think its ok to down people instead of giving them help with their answer and to me that defeats the whole purpose of the help post to begin with lol i know im not innocent of this but i try to stay away from just being obnoxious when somebody needs help there have been numerous posts i didnt post on because i had no idea what they were talking about so instead of posting i dont know i just didnt post anything at all.
    we need to check our helpfulness and stop using the attitude buttons lol
    lately i feel like the weakest link because i have a very little amount of time to post on here and the posts are usually not about fishing which is one of the main reasons they started this site to begin with but i cant find the time to actually relax and go fishing lately football is almost over so i won't need to take my stepson to practice after this week its their "superbowl" week lol
    and i am actually gonna miss it too lol

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i rather doubt that i am the weakest link, but there is no shame in being it. that's what we do in here - we'll take up for weakest link, as it is our bro or sis

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm feelin sick. Has anyone considered asking Dr. Phil, Jerry springer,Maury Povich or an executive from the Lifetime channel to start a thread on the board? LOL! We go back and forth at each other and break stones on this board all the time. Its almost gotten to the point that ya better not try to inject any humor toward a post or a thread or you will be chastized by someone. Ya gotta find it a bit bizzare that on a catfishin website (and I know thats not all its about) that almost 4% of the posts are in the threads "USELESS POSTS" and "5 WORDS" LOL! Where am I goin with this I have no idea. It just came from my wee little brain and into my fingers.

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I'll take one for the team...."I'm the weakest link..."

Now....who is the lamest one for offering free beer and not coming thru???:)

8. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    words to live by big george i am going to stop posting on those two threads but posting a sense of humor about things? you can kill two birds with one stone by adding something that helps the people asking the questions plus! adding a little humor with it lol i have read a lot of humor and no help before and have been guilty of it myself lol but all we can do is try to be better ourselves and hopefully it will work itself out eventually i do think the useless posts and 5 words are getting a little much and wonder how much more this site can take of them before we hafta find bigger servers just to keep the site going like it is now.it is fun to post on em but i think we have gone a little bit overboard on em lately going through 3 pages a day in em lmao thats a bit much huh?

9. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Ain't you heard Brother!

Chastise not, lest ye be Chastised...
    Inject not, lest ye be injected... :cool:

10. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Amen Brother, AMEN!
    Do we not have anything else better to do than post five words or anything useless? Let alone read the b.s.
    This is the Brotherhood of Catfishermen! I say speak of your fishing experiences and your lives as they are, but do it with a smile. A bit of humor never hurt anyone, and if you need your "Daily Dose" go to the section that makes you laugh, or whichever section where you may find humor. Readers Digest does this several ways and has been around for quite some time, yet you don't find letters to the editor slamming someone for their input or a section for those who wish to give someone points for well thought out or a well written article. It stinks to high Heaven that anything you may say has the possibility of being "slammed" by someone that doesn't necessairily share the same belief as you. Do we really use what we have here for the betterment of our community, I think not! I have ranted in the past and may be Chastised for my comments, but in an open forum such as this we need to think of the Golden Rule and treat each and everyone with respect and quit whining who's doin' who like some kind of soap opera. When we disagree it's been suggested to use the personal message system to solve our differences yet I cain't help but stare at my keyboard where it is written in plain English... DELETE

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    BG, how many ways can ya tell someone how to run a hook in a bluegill. LOL. Guess about as many as we had threads on the record blue stacked on top of each other or wd-40. LOL. Remember the old site.
    You know I dont play and I have never, every, never not one time every, gripped about anything. ROFLMAO. Now I'm confused and dont know what I'm talking about.

Fishing/camping updates is good etc. but I aint got to fish/hunt/camp in two years like I did 3, 4, 5 times a week before so I can't give updates. I can tell how to get the dust off a reel. LMAO.

Ok, Sal hit the nail on the head. First BG said it went from his brain to his finger. BG, I'm the finger guy so PMF and see who blows out the other end. LOL.;) Kidding HeHeHe. :D

Who is the brains of this club and who is the bottom end? I'm the finger guy. thats my story and I'm sticking to it.:p

Bullit proof vest and face mask for all. LOL. Now we are getting somewhere, its starting to get funny are serious, not sure which, depends on what part you are. Dang the air is staying in this suit and coming out around the nose area. :cursing:
    You guys get some rest, I'll hold watch till midnight and SSG can take over, then DRC and Tony etc. Mark is our bouncer. LOL. We got horse's to protect and put out that fire so the possie want spot us.

I got five words for ya'll, "Play the five word game. "

Last thing, it aint as much posting 5 words taking up space of BOC server and causing the lights to go out. I could be wrong on that one. LOL.
    It could be members not supporting BOC through the Star membership program are other ways that make the lights go out one day.. Support it and it will be there. You like it, give up $10, $20 are what ever you like. How many that aren't star members every checked out the star membership form.
    Take a read on it. Could buy another hard drive for the 5 word game. lol.

Hope I didn't use too much space on this long post.

Tony, I still say good post. We know what your meaning. I'm just being serious on the above stuff. I'll loosen up a little as soon as I get one of those free beers.

Words of a wise man. Little grass hopper always hold true to yourself, quality over quantity and grass hopper will go long way in life. Have a coke. :blink:

12. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    jmho sometimes its the constant barage of people trying to
    run the show or steer it in a direction that wasnt voted on
    that could be considered a weak link.
    this site has 1 boss and several in charge below him
    (before this gets misconstrued paul and sis are as 1)
    there are plenty of capable hands to accept comments and suggestions
    to be decided upon by those IN CHARGE.
    if there is a problem with the 5 word game by all means see a moderator
    if there is a problem with a worry over server capabilities again see your moderator ask him/her what they think .
    i'm sure if there was a problem with it we would all know.
    in my opinion there are quite a few nonsense threads in here and
    will continue to have more everyday.
    let those in charge do their job now instead of post police we have thread police.
    gimme a break ok one of you guys needs to self appoint yourselfs as our thread commisioner and anyone that has a thought of a thread to be added can run it by you for approval.
    this place is getting more and more undesirable .
    its this type of behavior that is a weak link .

if i am alone in my opinion so be it as it wont be the first time.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think I need to make a post police arrest on DRC. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you, you have no right to any R.P. without backing from another member and if you can't get that backing on your own, I will appoint you a backer, me, who will hand you one R.P. after every 10 spread. LOL..
    Charges filed, reviewed, BAM BAM, court suggest you PYF one time. Court dismissed.
    Elvis has left the building. OOPs, here comes Opra. Dang the luck.

Party on.
    I'm taking off for a few days. :D

14. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    You know, I've yet to read any thread that at least one or more didn't read it and come out swinging.
    Some are starting to sound like my kids, argueing all the time.No matter what the subject, what the topic,someones always got to post something negitive.
    "Useless post" was started for that reason.It then turned into truely useless post.Thats fine .It kept it off the rest of the site.
    Now a post here was started,not making fun, not meant to rile or inflame anyone,but, to call attention to a growing diease in the BOC. Negitivity.
    I made a post on the old board about how to treat younger/newer members. It seem to work for a while.This isn't some bleedin heart post about somebody crying cause their feelings got hurt. It was a well thought -out,well typed post. I beleiev it was meant to wake some of us up to the fact that we're getting quanity,not quality.
    Jokes and poking fun have their place in any thread that gets too serious, sure.If the topic is getting a little too heated. This wasn't one of those,IMHO.
    We're never all gonna get along all the time, thats just human nature,pure and simple. But, we could try to get along and be civil to each other once in a while at least.
    Even big mouthed me has learned a little to control my typing a response a little too quick.On another thread,I typed what I thought was a calm well meant answer. Daryll took it another way,so as soon as I read his response,I went back and resated what I meant to say a little differently.This wasn't meant to be a butt kissin to Daryll,but,to get what I meant to say across.
    We will all disagree at some point in time,sooner or later,just doesn't have to be all the time.
    :D

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm pullin Dano and I ain't gettin any results. LOL! OHHH wait a minute..... AHHHHHHHH there it goes! Excuse me I'll be rite back.

16. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I agree with every single one of ya, lol. Seriously though, I really don't care if we have a thread with 500 useless posts or a post about your favorite tv show. I just don't have enough time on my hands to care enough about anybody threads or posts to get upset about it. This is a good site, but its not my life and I get on here to further my catfishing ability first and foremost. Yeah, I enjoy talking to everybody and joking around but if you took all the fishing stuff away, I would go away too. You can post all day long about whatever you think should change and people are going to keep on doing and posting whatever they want. So take the good with the bad is all I say, its nothing to get upset about. This is still a great site, you might just say it is still new. Not all of the old guys have made the switch and that leaves us with a lot of newbies (I guess I am still one too). I like to think everything gets better with age and this site is no different. Some of the "not so serious" posters will lose interest and we will gain new members full of knowledge to pass on. As long as you ain't "whining" I don't mind any of the posts. If the subject of the post isn't something that I want to read about, I bypass it and go on to the next.

Thats it. Just couldn't follow this thread any longer without throwing in my 2 or 3 centavos. Talk to yall later!

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My, my, my, how a thread can get off track so very easily. A thread that is meant to ENCOURAGE, ENRICH, BUILD UP, and MOTIVATE members to help build a better BOC is taken negative by someone. No where in the original post was 5 words or the useless posts threads mentioned.

Let me rephrase what was meant in a different way.

When you are fishing, shopping for fishing gear, talking fishing, or on the BOC, do YOUR best to represent the BOC in a positive manner. If someone asks a question that you know the answer to, do your best to answer it and help them out. You can still joke, you can still play, you can still have fun. I'm not saying NOT to do anything like that, I am saying that when you DO play/joke/have fun, do so to the BEST of your ability. Take the time out to let a fellow memeber that their fellowship is IMPORTANT to you. That you CARE about them. To me, this site isn't about Catfishing alone, it is about FELLOWSHIP, FRIENDSHIP, and LIFE.

18. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Lol, I understand your first post Tony. I was just replying to most of the rest of the posts and we did get way off track. I do have to say that although, yes, I do a lot of socializing on this site and I post my favorite movies and whats going on in my life, I still look at this as first and foremost a catfishing website. I don't make freinds on the internet. I don't know any of you from adam. Now, once we meet in person as a result of our discussions on this site that is something different. And in the meantime if I can help any of you out in any shape or form or give advice or moral support I will do it in an instant. But I would do that with anyone, not just because we talk catfishing together. I like helping people, but generally as a rule, it takes a lot to progress past that "buddy" stage into the trusting, good friend stage. I have few good friends, alot of aquaintances and buddys and I don't know what that says about me. The only point I am getting at is this is a great catfishing website, but that is mainly what it is to me. If I ever reach the stage where I am bored, not getting enough fishing information to suit me, or I decide to quit the catfishing for awhile and spend some time with my flyrod, I can quit the site and I am not going to have withdrawals. I enjoy the info on this site and I enjoy the fact that I can make fishing connections in whatever state I happen to be in and get updated fishing reports any time I ask. There are thousands of chatrooms and forums on the net including catfishing sites and it just seems we sometimes get carried away on here like this is some kind of family reunion. To each his own and I guess some of you are family to each other. Now don't kick me out of the next gathering or nothing, but give me a chance to meet some of yall before you start asking about a weak link and looking in my direction. If I want that I will go to church, lol. Right now I am on here to further my own information and pass on what I can, but mainly I am learning myself (and I have lots of spare time at the moment, but not enough money to go fishing). Maybe thats selfish but hey, its the internet. For all I know you are all a bunch of transvestites trying to lure me into your traps, lol. Take care and sorry for any toes I stepped on or hurt feelings. It was a good post Tony it just really did seem a little Dr. Philish for a catfishing site, but keep it up as my wife says that I am sometimes a little too negative about things.

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

20. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I agree with Tony, That's why I wanted to be a part of the BOC. It's about Catfishin', Fellowshipin', Friendshipin', and Life, all of our lives. That's what I like about this site. I wanted to get to know you guys and have been able to do so, in away, by the different threads (Nascar, Tattoos, fishing, motor repair, how to's, hunting, family), and so on. I really appreciate the answers I get and the questions that are asked. If there is a thread I'm not interested in I don't go there. If I want to go there, then I try to participute the best way I know how. I've never been apart of a fourm before, but I for one think this is a great way to learn about all sorts of things. Catfishin' is what brings us together.