Are you ready to bowhunt?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by kycatman01, Aug 28, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well, bow season starts this weekend, Here in kentucky. I can't wait. I hope to get a nice buck this year, at least a 8 point. I haven't bowhunted for 2 years and I am ready this year. Are you ready?

2. BAITFISH

BAITFISH New Member

State:
    Bringhurst,IN.
    I have to wait another month:sad2:

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I didnt realize it was so close. I need to get a few stands up, the weather will dictate when I go. If its too hot I aint going.:big_smile:

4. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    Mo. opens 15, sept, I hope it cools at least a little, but I'm counting the days.

5. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I don't know what it is, but I love to watch my husband(vlparrish) use the bow. I've only been able to see him bowfish with it, but I hope i can talk him into taking me out deer hunting. I'd like to find a bow small enough for me to use. I think it's something I'd like to get into.

Good luck, guys.

6. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Ms. Kelli.

I am 51 years young and a 190# boy and I use a childs bow. The reason is joint trouble.

The bow is a Browning Micro Adrenaline. It has a peak weight of 50# but I shoot it at 47#, it can be set lighter. It has an 80% weight drop at full draw. The draw length is adjustable from 18 to 28 inches.

I took two bucks last season and they both fell within visual distance. Check it out you might like it...

Robert

7. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Here is a picture Ms. Kelli.

Robert

Attached Files:

8. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    I'm ready and a waitin

9. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    yeah id check with browning like Robert said, i have a rage combo, about 300.00 bow. and the draw is like 18-28. weight is 55-65. and i can hit same spot on target with any kind, or sized arrow u hand me. I am ready and waiting for Sept. 30 (Weather permitting) hope theres a good snow on the ground about 2 feet deep.... J/k thats in Nov. but i hope its in the 50's at night anyway and mid 70's MAX in the day. i like to wear thin longsleeve shirt and a pair of camo sweatpants. or anything thin. untill it starts gettin into the 50's, and 60's. Got my eye on a good buck i seen last year. he was a good 14 about 150-160 class buck hes at my uncles, then at my grandpas there is one hes probably a good 18-20 pointer who goes prob. 300 lbs and about 185 class. but he will be with gun... SMART deer. unless i catch either on in RUT... ( RUNNING UNDER TESTOSTERONE) sp... lol i made that up. any reps for that... J/K

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Can't hardly wait, locked, cocked and ready to rock!!!!!!

11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    A little bit more than a month for me. Tags go on sale tomorrow for residents.

12. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Oct. 1st here in IL. Man I am really excited. I bow killed my first deer last year on new years eve. I was hunting on public land, but this year I have been asked to hunt on land belonging to a friend at Church. :big_smile:

13. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i'm ready......i just did a run through of all my gear just to be sure i had everything.......saturday is only 3 days away!!!!

14. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    middle of sept here good luck to all of ya. LIFE IS SHORT HUNT HARD!!

15. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sept 15 in Lynchburg VA. I bought a Horton Crossbow on Ebay. I have it covered with silencers and sighted in for 13 and 23 yards which is all I need for where I hunt. Oh yeah!!! I am excited.