Are you ready for the 2008 deer season?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by spoonfish, Aug 7, 2008.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Got to thinking about this years deer season the other day after we cooked up the rest of the steaks in the freezer. Still have some burger left but it will be gone by the time season opens.

Plans are to go back up north to the inlaws farm in Richmond Mo. to hunt during rifle season again. They have around 700 acres of corn and beans along crooked river as well as hill ground. Those corn fed deer taste much better than the ones we have here as there's no crops here just acorns. Ive also been shooting my bow a little and may do a trip or two if the weather is right before rifle season.

Will probably get at least 3 this year to fill the freezer again. Hope it's cooler for the opener this year, season will be here before we know it.
    Are you ready......

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Already spotted a few nice bucks on the farm I hunt. Yes I'm ready!

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have a trail cam out all the time Doug (the father in-law) :smile2:
    He is out feeding the cattle and checking the crops and what not ever day and keeps me informed on the big bucks he spots. They come right up to the house there into the feed lot and the bottom ground field across the road so he keeps me up to date. :004::0a1:

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I put my trail cams out also. I checked them yesterday and had a total of 126 pictures of deer in the area I hunt. A couple nice bucks and a lot of young bucks and does. As soon they harvest the corn and beans, I will put the feeder out.

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Less than two months to opening day of bow season here. I'll be going out and clearing out shooting lanes at my favorite tree stand spots on the river this weekend while we get in some fishing in. I can't wait for some cold morning after the last week of 100+ temps.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Bow season starts the middle of Sept. and I cant wait. Hopefully it wont be too hot so I can hunt early season.

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Doe only archery season opens Sept. 20th and I haven`t shot an arrow yet this year, I better get on that real soon.

8. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    All I have to do is bush hogg, then put out corn, and I'll be ready. Then I'll remember somthin that I needed to do on one of my stands, but never got around to it. That's the way it is every year. Oh well, that's huntin.

9. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Well for all you missouri bowhunters, season opens in exactly a month and a week. I've been shootin my bow every chance i get just waitin for that day to come. We've seen four big bucks in my food plots along with flocks of turkeys...I cant wait!!!

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ready for the oct. muzzle and nov. rifle season ! Didn't practice with my bow so being responsible I'll stay out of my deer spots till then .:cool2:

11. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Archery season starts Sept. 27th here, and boy am I ready. We have been harvasting hogs off the ranch hand over fist for the last 2 months. Its going to be hot as all get out this year with misquitos the size of dragon flys, but thats hunting.

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Unfortunately, we've not done anything to get ready yet! We've been busy fishing, & then this week my husband got his first ever brand new outboard motor; so he's been getting the boat all rigged out. We're gonna go start "breaking it in" tomorrow night. Probably fish another time or two & then start focusing on hunting. We've had a drilling company on one of our leases; they came in, put up a rig, drilled, & last I heard, they had completed & moved on.
    But I sure will be glad to start working on everything; it always makes it seem more worthwhile if you've really put work into it.
    Good luck to all of you; hope you all get good ones!!

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'm always ready for deer season.Got near 3oo acrea of Appalachian acorn mountains and 1 1/2 acre of alfalfa to hunt:wink: Been off work sense Jun3 with my back.going to let my son make sure rifle and scope shoot true and then I'm waiting for deer season to see how bad it hurts when I shoot the 1st one and then decide if I want to go for 2:wink::smile2:

14. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was ready for this season before the close of last! Been hunting deer since I was 12, I'm 58 now and the sport is more fun than ever. Got a couple of good bucks up in Palo Pinto County that's patterning well to a corn feeder. Hoping to arrow one the end of this month! Good luck to everyone! Luke Clayton

15. shovehead1

shovehead1 New Member

State:
    Trumann,Arkansas
    I've got a HUGE 14 point on one of my stands so I'm ready!!!!

16. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I hear ya they've spotted some nice bucks where I hunt going to buy a new stainless steel muzzleloader next month.

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am so ready. Got my bow set up and am shooting it. This is my favorite time of year

18. duckaholic

duckaholic New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the season started here sept. 1. I have already seen three bucks that will score mid to high 150s:wink:

19. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Jason I am ready to hunt with you. Man what part of the state do you hunt?:wink:

20. duckaholic

duckaholic New Member

State:
    south carolina
    :wink:I hunt between bennettsille and dillon. 3900acres in bennettsville and 700 in dillon co.