Are you owned?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    can a mammal own another mammal?
    we own plants...we say we own dogs/cats.....but do we really?
    i belong to my dogs, and they belong to me..i don't own them, but i am responsible for them.

anybody else on the same planet as me? :wink:

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Phil your on a planet all to yourself buddy. :big_smile:

I do get what your saying and would have to agree with ya on it.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I vote for the plants.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    No shock collar needed Phil...

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My Dogs an Cats told me that they would never by any stretch of the imagination be responsible for me. In fact they went so far as to say any problems that befell me were my truck and that I was the sole owner of any and all misfortune and unwelcome circumstance. Now on their behalf I will have to admit that they do honor me with their presents and attention weather sought out or not. I supply food and drink only as a protective measure so I can procure my own sustenance. I however do own the very ground that they call home, but I have come to think of this very soil as having ownership over me as I am forever in it's debt and have no where else to go. Even if I did manage to escape this property I am amply sure that the Dogs and Cats would follow me.:crazy::big_smile::smile2:

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The Dog's Diary:

8:00am-Dog Food!!!! My Favorite Thing...
    9:30am-A Car Ride!!!! My Favorite Thing...
    9:40am-A walk in the park!!! My Favorite Thing...
    10:30am-Got Rubbed and petted!!!!!!!! My Favorite Thing...
    12:00pm-Milk Bones!!!!!!!!!!!! My Favorite Thing...
    1:00pm-Played in the Yard!!!!!!!!!! My Favorite Thing...
    3:00pm-Wagged my tail!!!!!!!!!My Favorite Thing...
    5:00pm-Dinner!!!!!!!!!!! My Favorite Thing...
    7:00pm-Got to play ball!!!!! My Favorite Thing...
    8:00pm Wow! Watched TV with the people!!!!!!!!!! My Favorite Thing...
    11:00pm-Sleeping on the bed!!!!!!!!!!! My Favorite Thing...

The Cat's Diary

...Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape...

In an attempt to digust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today, I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrated my capabilities. However they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little \pard softlinehunter' I am. Bastards....

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again, but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privleges. He is a regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. he is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now... :eek:oooh::smile2:.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    whites used to own blacks before the people that realized it was wrong got around to do something about it. Some men own their women and most women own their men. Pets can own their owners too but we're to dumb to realize it until we hear someone snickering about us. I have an aunt that got excomunicated from our family back in the 80's. she had a shitzu and a weiner dog. She'd spoon fed them both. Claimed one of em had a condition so she had to (but why spoon feed the other one?? Hmmm..) She was definately owned by her pets.

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Somehow the cat I really didn't want has found a way to get me to do his bidding on a regular basis. I spend lots of time bringing him food and trying not to move so as not to disturb him when he's sleeping on me. Not sure if it means he owns me or is just smarter. Probably the latter, as anyone who knows me would agree :eek:oooh:.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Thanks, Now I have to buy a new key board....Seems that DrPepper is not good for them, LOL!!!

10. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Phil... you are right on... :wink:

My dogs own me... and I wish that I was half the hero that they think I am...

No one owns a cat... they simply tolerate the person that feeds them.:eek:oooh:

I am responsible for the animals under my care.

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That "cat's diary" thing is honestly one of the funniest things I have ever read! Thank you for adding some laughter to a very boring night in a hotel 1200 miles from home:big_smile:

Branden

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wouldnt say i own my cat.. DUe to the fact i didnt pay a dime for him.. Does he need me to survive? Nope, not after all i have seen him do... So i guess it comes down to He's just like Family..

13. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    I just adopted a 4 year old weimaraner from the pound for 25 bucks. I consider it more like bail. She has paid that back with laughter and love and her dopey antics. And since the cat accepted her, she is part of the family now. I know that because the dog snuck up on the cat and sniffed his butt and I didn't have to peel the cat from the ceiling this time.....

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Phil,
    I absolutely agree with you.
    It's easy to claim legal ownership of something with a receipt or bill of sale but ownership other than legal of living things is, in my view, impossible. You can pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a dog or cat and if someone were to steal them then yes, legally you can go and claim your "property" back. However, if the dog or cat doesn't want to live with you and runs away no receipt in the world will make a difference; they don't give a dam how much you paid. You cannot buy love, affection trust or respect no matter how much you pay whether it's from an animal or a person. I don't even think you can own livestock; you simply own the responsibility of fattening them and you own the right to exchange their flesh for money at market. You can't own plants. No amount of money paid for something will give you the power to make it grow. We share this place with all living things but in reality we own none of them...W

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    If I don't own this cat, would somebody please come get the damn thing an take it away!!!

You welcome to try to take the dog away, if you don't mind the mauling you would get in the attempt. If you succeed, go ahead an grab that 100 lb bag of dog food. It aught to last ya till you can pick up a weeks worth, tomorrow.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    My dogs own me and they remind me every time I come home. Molly(the inside pup) rules the house. She goes,sleeps anywhere she wants. She hogs the bed and covers and constantly needs loving! Her favorite place is laying on the back of the couch keeping an eye on the neighborhood. She also owns the neighborhood even though she's mainly inside.:wink:
    My other 2 outside are a lot meaner and tougher than me so they know who the boss is...:wink::smile2: They are really smart and listen well as do I...:roll_eyes::smile2:

This is a pic of Molly one day she insisted on driving. Note,the sun was bright also...LMAO!!!

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/?action=view&current=159011.jpg

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phil I believe you have it figured out. I have a Chi-wa-wa and she is in control. Thanks.:smile2:

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My wife and I are definitely owned by our dogs. They have trained us well. They have a bell on the front doorknob that they ring when they want to go out, they tell us when they want to eat, and they get McDonalds cheeseburgers on their birthdays and when they come home from the vet. Yep, they definitely own us. :smile2::wink:

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    My dog has her own couch next to the front door. I have to say goodbye every morning to her and greet her everyday coming home. Then she jumps in my lap and gives me a quick hug before flipping over for a belly rub, BRAT!! Then theres dinner, hell to pay if I chose pork anything, "pork bad, chicken, lamb, beef, GOOD", Lol.

20. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Dogs regard you as "family", cats think you're "staff".:smile2: