Are you kidding me!?!?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by TheRiverRat, Aug 9, 2009.

1. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    I was at the Gmr tonight and between me and my dad we has 7 RUNS!?!? 0 hookups!!!!!:confused2::angry::confused2::angry: i had a vary vary nice one get off because of a circle hook i bought off ebay that is supposivly 8/0 but looks like a 4/0, prob a 20<... well atleast i know im in the right spot .........RAT

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    sorry for the double my comp was screwin up lol:embarassed::wink:.....RAT

3. Bad_fisherman21

Bad_fisherman21 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Man ive had a lot of days like that i had a day were i had bites for at least 9 hours and the only fish i caught was a half pound channel lol i stayed because over and over i told myself thats just a small fish a big one will bite but he never did and i was about as mad as ever getting bites and no fish and no bites are just about the same as far as how bad they suck....better luck next trip man

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Way to be positive, Aaron! Thats right, at least you know you were in the right spot; better luck next time

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this whole full moon period has been very bad. i only got out once during it (last night) and man it was really bad, 2 runs and i dink flattie. 4 other people i know were out almost every day on the gmr and at all hours of the day and night through the week and had similar success. this week has been far worse than any period during the spawn the past month. at least then you could catch dinks.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it has been a long and frustrating spawn, I sure hope it ends soon..It has to dont it?

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Feel for ya man, went down around Hamilton, left because we couldnt fish the spot I had wanted to....so we took off and fished the GMR near Middletown...got 1 run and ran into a log jam because i wasnt paying attention...helping my buddy with his rig, and then got a lot of runs and taps but nothing else the rest of the night. Also had a couple of idiots running around on quads and dirtbikes around us most of the night....the area is full of holes and drops....figured I would hear a crash sooner or later

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Aaron it does sounds like you found the right spot. Have to give it another try an see what you can hook into. Get out there an good luck fishing!

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fishing has been slow for me lately also. Atleast you were on the fish. You will get em next time man.:wink:..rollo

10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Funny, I hooked my turtle on the second try last night. Circle hook right in the corner of the mouth. If you don't see them, you just don't know.

11. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Damn circle hooks, if I remember you was promoting circle hooks like crazy a few weeks ago..:wink:

12. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    and if u remember my ohio river rig thread i decided to use j hooks on this trip :cool2::tounge_out::wink:........RAT

13. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LMAO...I didnt see you had a different set up on the Ohio.

14. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Can you say.....GAR!

15. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Do you fish circle hooks with your free spool and clicker on..........
    or tight lined and in a good rod holder?
    Cuz you said you were getting "runs" and not "pull downs"
    When usin circle hooks I personally just tight line.I don't let them run at all

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  16. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i used j hooks on this trip, just so i could "set" the hook, i do that every once in a while.....RAT

17. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i free spool with a clicker, i also dont have a boat so i dont have much of a choice. but i have to agree i think it is gar, i have never missed anything like that and it makes plenty of sence now..........RAT

18. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

First problem is using circle hooks. 2nd problem is using circle hooks with a clicker.

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    J hooks SUCK!:cool2:

20. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    people who come to other peoples houses and tear their boats apart SUCK!!!