Are You haunted by Guns you let get away?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Poppa, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I have always loved guns. I tried to collect guns all my life. As a young
    family man with a mortgage and three small children I would find myself
    in need of extra money. Doctor bills, new transmission for my truck,
    and things that pop up from time to time with a family. To raise money
    for an unexpected bill I would sell a gun. Now I think back and on one
    hand I think a mans got to do what a mans got to do. On the other hand
    I can't help but feel some remorse and wish I had some of them back.
    I am going to list some that got away.
    1911 light weight Colt commander (made 1957 still had original box)
    Remington 1100 12g 28 mod. , Remington 1148 12g. 26 imp., Savage
    mod. 24 22/410, Ruger mk I .22 auto, Remington nylon 66 apache blk.
    Ruger single six with both cyl., Marlin 336 .35 remington.
    Have some of you had to do the same thing? If its not to painful tell
    us about it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    Laid off 2 months ago and lately there has been deals passing me by that sting my soul. Ive been wanting a nice hunting rifle for a long time and a new handgun for my girlfriend to carry with her ccw and they just keep passing by.

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I sold a 20 ga Browning Gold Trigger years ago and have regretted that decision ever since. Oh well, "ya can't fix stupid":smile2::smile2: Stay safe and good hunting!!!:wink:

4. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Years ago, I found a .30 Carbine with at least a half-dozen extra mags and a couple of hundred rounds of ammo for $400.

I kick myself every single day for not buying it right on the spot.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I sold a Remington Sportsman 58 16 gauge and a Browning Sweet 16, with a Browing 22 short only rifle. Even though I don't hunt any more I would have liked to pass them on to my children. My mistake.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya back in 84 i bought a brand new ruger mini 14 and 1 box of PMC ammo. i just thaught it wasnt as accurate as what i wanted so i sold it to a buddy for what i paid for it. that baby is worth 2 times more than that now and i wish i had it back:sad2:

7. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Same story here ,years ago to get bye sold A Remington XP100 , Dan wesson 44Mag and a contender in 30-30. Still makes me sad to this day.

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes I did the mortal sin when I joined the Army. I needed some beer and date money so I sold my 300 savage. My first ever deer rifle. Then as time has gone by i realized I lost a piece of my life with that gun. There is no way I can get that exact gun back, but I do have enough saved up that if I find a 300 savage I will have to buy it. Anyone know what gun i am talking about. It was a model 99 lever action 300 savage. I would do just about anything to have that gun back. Now I gotta look and see if I can find one.

9. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    go to GUNBROKER.COM and type in savage 99. open up that wallet. :smile2::big_smile::cool2:

10. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My first guns were a Stevens 410 single and a Stevens 22 single shot bolt, both given to my brother and I at Christmas back in the fiftys. Of course later we just had to have bigger and faster so they were both traded off for more fire power. Now that I'm older I wanted them back, did find a nice Stevens 410, which I bought at auction for five times the original cost but it's not the same as having the one that my dad bought me all those years ago. Live and learn.

11. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    How about one that I let get away.....

12 years ago I had the chance to buy a M1 Garand that belonged to a buddy that passed away. It was for sale for $400 bucks. It wasn't the nicest rifle in the world but it belonged to a friend. I had the cash but I also had a son on the way. I took the road of responseablity and let the rifle go. I know that I made the better choice but man I regreat not buying that rifle!

I ran into a young man at a gun show this year that was looking at an M1. He didn't know if he wanted to buy it. I told him my story and then told him that if he does not buy it he will kick himself later for not doing it. I think he bought it.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just a very few in my life,I once owned a ruger mod 77 in 22/250,and a T/C Contender in 357 Max. I traded both for a brand new ITHICA Mod 37 goose gun,,I'd a treaded for a remington if I'd a known there was no after mkt turkey or steel waterfoul chokes available for it.:sad2: Also had a sweet marlin bolt tube fed 22 mag,I just plain miss that gun. Had a nearly new Marlin model 39 TDS,no longer made . It was stolen in '99 of all of them I miss it the most.

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeh, when I was a poor airman with a family I had to sell a .22 High Standard Supermatic target pistol that I had since I was a kid... it was magna ported, adjustable barrel weights.... I'll never stop kicking myself for that....

14. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Ive let a few go since starting a family but the one I miss the most I got rid of long before my family was thought of. 350 Remington 700 classic. I didnt kill many deer with it but it was the first firmarm that I bought. Before then all were handed down to me. Recently my mothers house was robbed and they got a muzzleloader of mine and my fathers Remington 22lr. Losing the 22 sux too!

15. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    OH MY GOD, if I listed them all it would take the whole evening. Then I'd start crying all over again...

Top two:

Winchester Model 70 Ranger in .243, my Grandma bought it for me for xmas a long time ago, I traded it after a long time for something that I can't even remember. When she passed away, I started kicking myself and I've been kicking myself for 7 years now.:beat_brick::cry::0a33:

Ruger #1A in 7x57. When I got it, I thought that all #1's shot that well. Bought it to celebrate quitting a management position at Wal-Mart. :crazy:
    After I sold it to help pay closing costs on our first home, I really started reading into them, and realized how rare an untuned factory #1A that will shoot 3/8" 5 shot groups at 100 yds with factory ammo really is. I sold it on gunbroker, found the guy who bought, and offered him several hundred over what a new one cost. Yeah, he wouldn't sell it back. I don't blame him. :0a32::0a30:

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Can't help but notice a theme here....where are the women's sad tales of jewels etc. blown into the wind?

For me, S&W Model 28 4", Ruger MKII, Marlin 1895 carbine, 3 shotguns, S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece, Colt 1911, two Charter Arms pistols & a AR7, Rossi Coach Gun, SKS's (2), Berretta Model 92, Taurus Model P22, and the hits just keep coming......

I have ta stop, I'm in tears.
    :eek:oooh:

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Corse not ,Boots,Cause we sold our stuff to give them theirs,ME NOT INCLUDED. I told my wife long ago,no matter how bad it gets no guns are being sold,we'll just learn to manage. [She now has a job at a convience store]:wink:

18. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i haven't sold any guns, but i have got into that pawn loan rut. right now i have a remington 870 12 gauge, a mossberg 500 12 gauge, a winchester 1300 ranger deluxe 20 gauge, an sks, a ruger p 97 .45, a ruger super blackhawk .44 mag, and a ruger gp 100 .357 mag in the damn pawn shop. i can only make the minimum payments on them, but i haven't lost them. probably going to be tax time when i get em out, and after that i will never do it again!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  19. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    For a little while I got into buying and selling 12 gauge semis without realizing it. Prolly went thru 10 or so in 3-4 months. I miss 2 of them. A savage 12 with a muzzle flash type thing and a winchester 1300 or 1400, the one with a problem stock. Neither were worth much but they shot great, still got my 870 pump though, same with all the new guns ive bought or gifts given to me. Ones I buy used I usually end up selling.

20. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Same for me. I got into buying Winchester Model 12 shotguns. I had as many as 20 at one time. Sold all but one. Don't know how much I lost but I always buy high and sell cheap.