Are You guys getting ready for trout

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by mike_4843, Feb 7, 2007.

1. mike_4843

mike_4843 Member

State:
    Shippensburg PA
    Are You guys Getting ready for trout. I cant wait!

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Same here man i cant wait either. i cant wait for spring either!

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Im waiting impatiently!! Even with my areas opener being the early start, It's to long a wait.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I caught my 1st Trout of the year last Saturday and hope to get more this Saturday!:smile2:

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    You bet I am!! Man, I can't even wait to wet a fly-line up Pine Creek this year... FISH ON!

6. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    can u say 50 days for us guys in the south east!!! ahh theres just something that gets me excited for a warm may day, skipping school, on the creek all by myself, and nailing one trout after another!

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I love trout season! I go get a bunch of trout and use them flathead bait!

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    While I was smoking some pork chops for dinner tonight, my smoker asked me if it was trout season yet. It got happy when I told it of the early start this year. hehehe :0010:

9. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Every year on the 1st day of trout I go smallmouth fishing.Less crouds and bigger fish.My buddy likes little naitive streams but ive grown out of that.I caught more trout fishing for cut bait than I ever did trout fishing.Kind of a role reversal the game fish became the trash fish and the trash fish became the game fish.Trout are beautiful fish as are the streams they live in.Personally id rather spend my time persuing top of the food chain predators.The only trout I persue are the giant browns ,steelhead,chinook up in New York.Just my 2 cents

10. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i agree with you that trout fishing can be overrated but for some reason i always go back and im always excited for the season. i guess i always remember the times i had with my dad and grandfather or even times that i had by myself on the stream with it being so peacefull (haha yea not opening day). i guess growing up with it makes it hard to let go.

11. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I been catching trout since January. I hammered them at lake ireen in hazelton. I'm waiting for the stockin at harveys creek and nescopeck creek so i can fly fish in the delayed harvested areas wit my fly rod:big_smile:

12. SanteeCooperKat

SanteeCooperKat New Member

State:
    PA/SC
    I finally got to fish in'07, but I got the wierd idea to go to a pay lake so I could catch some trout before public water trout season starts. Anyway, hooked into nine, three shook off of a crappie jig hook two inches from shore :sad2:, caught six all in the 11"-16" range. All of them were Rainbows caught on tiny yellow crappie jigs baited with power bait. I would have gotten pictures of these buggers, unfortunately I did not have a camera with me.

Hopefully I will get a few more trout before public water trout season begins, as I will be in Charleston, South Carolina for the first week of trout season.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Pa. Fish Commission stocked the stream in front of my house (Buffalo Ck.) this past Saturday (3-10-07). I always say it is the first sign spring is here when the Trout truck shows up!:big_smile:

14. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    ahh less then 2 weeks, im really starting to get antsy especialy with the amazing weather we had before that storm hit friday. hopefully this week even tho im busy ill get to do some bass fishing at the local pond, to at least get out of the house. last year i was catching the bass right after the winter storm. gotta love those pictures with a nice bass and snow in the background.

15. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    this is A CATFISH SITE NOT A TROUT SITE

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Timeout dude! This is primarily a Catfish site with many other topics and fishing subjects covered! If you don't like Trout fishing then keep off this thread! I post on all my fishing adventures which not only include Catfish but Trout, Carp, Walleye, Bass, etc. Don't come on here with your BOLD letters and start putting people down!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    You better take a look on the B.O.C.'s main page and see that there is a whole area called "Fishing America" devoted to all species of fish!

18. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    man you guys sure are sensitive about your trout fishin .To be honest I dont think what I said was that bad It is not like I said anything bad about trout fishin.I guess I should walk on egg shells around some of you.Dont want to hurt anybodies feelings.I guess everybody on the BOC has to agree with everybody or people will lash out at them.

19. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    By the way I didnt mean to use bold letters I acsidently hit the caps lock button

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Keith - I don't know why you felt the need to make the statement you did unless you had a problem with people who Trout fished or talked about Trout fishing. I don't know how else to interpret your statement other than to feel you got a problem with anyone talking about anything besides Catfish on this site! I didn't see where it sounded humourous or had smiley faces so how else should you expect it to be taken! You don't need to "walk on eggshells" or agree with everyone else but why toss out a statement like "this is A CATFISH SITE NOT A TROUT SITE"! This is just my opinion!