Are you catching anything on Grand Lake?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rudepossum, Feb 22, 2007.

1. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well we finally have some warm weather around here. I know they are calling for heavy rain this weekend, but i am still going to try to get out there. So I was just wondering if any of you have been out there and caught anything. Are they still catching spoonbill in the deep holes around sail boat, or have they moved out with the warmer weather staging for the run up river ? What do you think would be the best to try for in the next week? Would like to get on some blues. Thanks and good luck on the water.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    C R A P P I E !!!!

Or go for some Blues, they should still be in their wintering holes.

3. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you sir. Going to have my dad with me this weekend and some good crappie action would probable be a great idea. We planed on checking out the Grand lake boat show Saturday. If any of you boc members are going to be at the boat show Saturday keep a look out for me and say howdy. I will probably be the only fool in this neck of the woods with a Chicago cubs hat on. And yes the rest of my family are cards fans. Poor poor lonesome me.lol Keystone or bust

4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Try 3 feet of water or less in the very backs of the creeks on Grand Lake. Check your water temps. I expect the biggest crappie of the year to be staging for a spawn on March 3rd (full moon), look in 1-3' and hope for 56 degs minimum.

catman george

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Grand: Feb. 19. Elevation normal and clear. Channel catfish fair on juglines at 20 ft. on cut shad. Crappie fair around baited docks on minnows and jigs. Report submitted by Jim Littlefield, game warden stationed in Delaware County.

6. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    The kspoonbill have moved up to the river, talked to my guide friend, they boated 20 last Sunday in the river. The blues should be in about 40 foot of water if you are fishing with rod and reel. If you are going to put some Jugs out particularliy over night, put some Jugs in at 90 foot with your hooks 10 feet apart. If you catch any, they are generally good fish. Good fishing.....