Are You An Adrenaline Junky?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Feb 24, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I get a rush everytime I set the hook into a good fish, and enjoy the feeling of adrenaline. But, I have a fishing buddy that truely needs more of a rush than just fishing. He took up sky-diving, he mountain bikes down rocky cliffs etc. I just can't bring myself to try such feats! This guy would jump off the top of a bridge if he knew the water was deep enough.. So my question is, what brings people to act this crazy? LOL... And are you an adrenaline junky?:eek:oooh: rollo

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    Jason 40 lb flathead is enough of a rush for me rick

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I jumped out of planes for Uncle Sam when I was in the 82nd. It was a big rush. Used to do 1 1/2's off a railroad tressel. Hell my shepherd used to bark and jump off after us. Guess he was a junky back then too or just drank to much of our beer...

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think you would fit in just fine with us on the river Bobby, I will sit there and tend the beer.. You two can practice noodling them cats in 40 foot of water at midnight!:smile2::wink: rollo

5. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I too get a rush whenever my reel starts to unwind when I have a good fish,But face it, feeling the wind in your face when your at the door of a DC3 at 15000 feet is just about the best rush you can have with your pants on!You really cant compair the two.Its apples and oranges.Being 60 years old I have to tell you that a good fish is just about as much adrenaline I can handle anymore.
    smokey

6. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I jumped for years down there where Bobby did but anymore fishing is about all I manage. That being said if I had a free ride I would strap a chute right on and go for it..

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    One of the best Adrenaline feels I ever got was when I raced stock cars for awhile,,,,:wink:
    Ridin motorcycles is exciting to the point of a natural high,, Endorfins?,, and can be an adrenaline rush,, if you're turning sweepers into twisties!!!:smile2:
    But, I definitely get to pounding when the clickers Scream,,,:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

8. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    besides my son being born, theres nothing like hearing a reel scream for mercy with line peeling off and leaning back and setting the hook...

forgot to add: doing 80mph down a freshly paved highway, slamming the airride on the truck and dragging frame for 2 miles throwing showers of sparks 100feet behind my truck man i miss the drag sessions and minitruckin days...

9. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Don't feel bad fella's. Jumping was 20 years ago. 2 blown knee's limit my wildness now. But what the hell; I'm not as good as I once was, but I might be good once. So may still try a few things. But still love the rush of a big fish on...

10. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have skydived and bungee-jumped. I love riding quads, and Mountain bikes. I spent a few years trail busting and rock crawling Jeeps too. I'm slowing down now but still have the need to go nutz once in a while. Getting married and having a family changes your priorities a little.:wink:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rollo when I was young a lot of things give me a rush. Now just getting out of bed gives me one.:smile2:

12. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    I do love down hill biking, and dirt jumps. i wouldn't consider myself a junkie though.

13. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    If it gets the blood pumping and adrenaline flowing.....count me in!:tounge_out:

14. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Well i don't know about fishing but when you got a big deer at close range your adrenaline get pumping good,, not to say that when you hook a big fish it doesnt get the blood flowin thow......RAT

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    whean i was young it was drag racing that got the blood flowing
    now if i want a rush i just let the wife drive:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:

16. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    DEMOLITION DERBY!!!!!!!!!!

I love the smell of fresh paint and hot exhaust as 5,000 pound cars are slamming into each other!!!! I love the rush you get when you've got a 1970 Chrysler Imperial and you are screaming toward the front bumper of some '80s piece of crap!!!! :eek:oooh:

17. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The only thing that gets my adrenaline flowing is fighting a monster fish on 20# mono. That is the " CATS MEOW" for me!:cool2:

18. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Did the drag race thing, dirt bike races, stock cars, dirt track cars.........Then came 3/4 million miles in a big truck....rarely below 80mph.....turned my hair and beard white by 35. Yeah, I'm a junky. Biggest rush I ever had was flowing with traffic around the Atlanta Ga. loop at 90mph and run up on a Volkswagon doin' 40 in the center lane ! Missin' that thing was BIG fun....truck stunk for a week after that one and it wasn't from runnin over no skunk.
    Now that I'm gettin on in years.......I been considerin just lickin' my finger and stickin' it in a light socket. That should make the old pants legs roll up and down a few times.

19. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    As an after thought.......catch a passenger nodding off while you drive. Reach over and grab 'em by the leg and yell AAAAAAAHHHHHH !!!!

Watch 'em crap all over their selves...... Great Fun !

20. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya on that one!!! My wife has an ornament in her car thats an Angel. It reads, "Don't drive faster than your guardian Angel can fly". Well, when I made a comment on day about her driving, she said her Angel can fly 80!!:smile2: Lets say I do the driving now!:wink: rollo