Are You a Representative....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Jul 12, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Yes, we are all representatives of the BOC. Whether a good representative or a bad one.

I hope there has not been any bad representation from anyone of the BOC.

We are growing by leaps and bounds and are the biggest catfishing forum on the web.

We are getting stronger and stronger in numbers everyday. This is great but, as a representative of the BOC. What kind of example are each and everyone of us setting. I know that most of us are setting good examples to other catfishermen, and I hope that we all are. But, that I am not certain.

Are we setting good examples to the public of being curtious, mindful of others, eager to share our knowledge and techniques, and eager to let them know about the BOC.

Are we making sure that we are taking care of all our trash before we leave a site and are we picking some up that someone else left.

Our we praciticing good conservation efforts with the great fish that we love to catch, view, and marvel at it's greatness.

If we don't practice these thing in front of other fishermen when we are out there but then try to invite them to join the BOC do you really think that they would want to seeing how we have behaved on the water while we were fishing.

Would you have joined if invited from someone that you seen on the water being rude and disrespectful of others, or throwing their trash in the water, or even getting I'll tempered and flailing about and cursing at someone that had pinched them out of their favorite spot?

I know I wouldn't have been intrigued or even slightly interested in a site that I saw had a membership like that.

Just think..... That person may not meet another BOC member in his lifetime or not know that he did. But his first impression will be of that one that he saw being disrespectful or rude or whatever. The one that made a bad first impression which ends up labeling us all.

Just remember this is why devoute Bass fishermen have and are getting a bad reputation. There are some that are ruining it for all the others.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    All great points ya made there. However bein a member of this Organization has nothin to do with it. Bein a good human bein is all thats about.:wink:

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Mostly true but I have seen people that I consider being essentially good human beings not paying attention to what they are doing and throw trash on the ground.

There are times that we lose our heads when our minds are on something else. Everyone can make mistakes and sometimes it will be at the most unopportune moment like when someone is watching you and watching how you will react to what you have just done if any.