Are you a Marine TA2D?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by JakeW, Jul 24, 2006.

1. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i noticed you had a quote that said something about the Marine Corps. are you a former devil dog? or maybe a current devil dog? i noticed there is another guy on here with a Marine pic, and I was just wondering who you guys were with or if you were Marines at all.

2. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Yes, my best friend TA2D would be a former Marine. But once a Marine allways a Marine, and boy he would be the poster child for that phrase. The other guy maybe Crayzeecade who is a former Marine also now living in Cali. Us three grew up together, and were pretty much inseperable until 1998. TA2D left for Camp Pendleton after high school. The next year to the very day I left for Lackland AFB, Texas. And 6 months later Crayzeecade went to Camp Pendleton.

They're the best bros a guy could ask for. I'm still in the Air Force and stationed at Offutt in Bellevue. On my fifth deployment to this crapbox called the Middle East, and 3 weeks from being back there to the good life in Nebraska.

SudDawg

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Semper FI!!!! 4 years of hard-chargin' motivated, dedicated, ooh-rah, blood and guts, USMC!!! Had a blast, there were good times and bad times, like being on Okinawa on September 11, 2001 and being stuck in the barracks because of a Typhoon. Got to see alot of neat places and meet some really good people.

Aaron

TA2D

4. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    who were you with in the Marines? some of my good freinds were in oki on sept 11. i was with 2/5 from feb of 2003 till about a month ago. went to iraq twice, just missed out on the oki trip, and i heard that was a good thing not being there.

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Was with 3rd Transportation Support Battalion while on the "rock" 2nd TSB in the states and the now disbanded 8th Motor Transportation Battalion. Worked alot with ESB, Recon and EOD while in the states.

Aaron

TA2D

6. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    can anybody tell me where the hell the fish are at. i have fished the elkhorn twice in bout the past 2 weeks. first night had a little luck, second night, exact same spot, between the two of us, we caught 1, 8 inch fish. is that not embarassing or what. i am clueless what to do. anybody got some tips, i am always open to suggestions.

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    TA2D - Yeah, I hear about everyone gettin shutdown in the barricks over here, and then when the war started (mar 03) the guys over here were told they wern't gonna be able to go, and I heard they trashed all the barricks, and refused to go into work for about a half day I think it lasted..hehe. Good times

8. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Yeah, I just missed the "stop loss" when I got out, I ended my career holding a staff NCO billet, as a Lance Corporal, they finally "gave" me corporal on my way out the door! While you are stuck on the rock Kyle, get SCUBA certified, it is the cheapest you will find and there are lots of great dive sites out there, I like a dumbass did not get certified and now I regret it!

Aaron

TA2D

9. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Yeah, I'm planning on it. I just need to find out how long the certification is good for. Plan on snooping around underwater at the Ozarks when I get back..its a rather clear lake

10. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I think that once you are certified you are certified forever, and it is a world wide cirtification, it is PADI Ibelieve. What base are you on Kyle?

Aaron

TA2D

11. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Futema, they were saying the SCUBA classes are over at Camp Foster..but theres busses that run..so once I get some extra $$ I'm gonna sign up, I think its only like a week long. What base were you on? Oh yeah!! You might know,..I was walking around Camp Foster the other day, and there was this stream, maybe about 7-11 feet in width, not too big at all, but as I went over a bridge, I looked down and saw a good amount of what appeared to be shad schooling in it, I was VERY suprised to see this..you heard anything about any on base fishing at Foster? I'm wondering if the stream gets bigger if I follow it off the beaten path a bit..thought I'd see if ya knew anything about it.

12. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Dude, I was on foster, and I fished that stream alot, used corn for bait, they have some collapsable fishing poles at the PX and some tackle, I caught carp and some fish that looked kinda like bluegil and I hooked into a monster eel one day, busted my pole in 3 places and then snapped the line this thing had to be 6 ft long and bigger around than my leg. If you are ever at the chow hall on foster, go behind it and check out the stream there if you have any left overs throw them in and watch the ensuing carnage or you can do it from the bridge!!! Oh yeah my barracks was the one right by the stream and the pool where the SCUBA classes are!

Aaron

TA2D

13. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Sounds good..I'll have to give it a shot, thanks for letting me in on a good access spot for the stream. You never saw any of those Habu Vipers or any other crazy snakes while fishin the stream did you? Thoses things scare me and I haven't even seen one yet. Thanks again bro!

14. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I saw only one habu that was alive, it chased a guy through the barracks from one end to the other and when he finally got away from the snake, it was still trying to get into the barracks! There are some cool iguanna looking lizards all around they are harmless. The easiest way to get to the stream is on the west side of the bridge on the north side, you can walk the water way most of the way and barely get your ankles wet. If you get a chance, check out "Mikes Place, Lua's Rock House, and BK's" they are all right outside of the main gate to foster, good drinking establishments!

Aaron

TA2D

15. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    ..I am eternaly gratefull Thanks again brother

16. Holy crap dude, you had to tell him about mikes place in Oki..... good times there underage drinking. For you guys that dont know I was down at Kinser and by the time I was about to leave Oki, Aaron was just arriving. I only regret not being able to drink a beer while we were there at the same time. I also knew about that fishing hole behind the chow hall, but I was an idiot and never took any free time to go check it out. Also I take the hit for not getting scuba certified.

17. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Let me clarify those are great drinking establishments if you like ROCK 'N' ROLL, SHOOTIN' POOL, and the BIKER CROWD!!! I worked for BK as a bouncer before I left, if the ol' man is still kickin' tell him Drier says hey!

Aaron

TA2D

18. I forgot to mention that during my time down at Kinser I had a friend of mine show me one of the best little holes in the wall right outside gate 4 at Kinser. It is simply called Gate 4 Bar. I found this place has the "BEST" homemade alcohol. At the moment I can't think of it, maybe Aaron can, but it is orange in color and very sweet. I beleive its wine, but it is the best tasting. The best about this bar is that there is a Japanese fast food right up the street. Cant remember that place name either. I just feel totalyl useless because I can't remember much from there and its only been 5 years. But I do remember one restaurant realyl close to Futenma and thats simply called "Sam's" I believe. They cook like at Banihana's right on a Hibachi grill and make everything to order. You ever get a chance order the steak and Lobster. A true delicacy to eat there. But i only made it there twice in a years time.

19. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    You guys rock, thanks for the 411 on all the local bars, I'll be sure to check 'em out (soon). And I'll be sure to say hi to the old man at BK's for ya TA2D, if I see him.

20. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    I realize this is way off the topic (a buddy just emailed it to me) but I wanted to share it with yall without creating a whole new thread. I'd never heard it before...

The Title can not be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased. You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent, and it cannot be lent. You alone and our own have earned it with your sweat, blood, and lives, you own it forever. The Title United States Marine

The USMC is over 225 years of romping, stomping, hell, death and destruction. The finest fighting machine the world has ever seen. We were born in a bomb crater, our mother was an M-16 and our father was the devil.

Each moment that I live is an additional threat upon your life. I am a rough looking, roving soldier of the sea. I am cocky, self-centered, overbearing, and I do not know the meaning of fear, for I am fear itself. I am a green, amphibious monster made of blood and guts who arose from the sea, feeding on anti-Americans throughout the globe. Whenever it may arise, and when my time comes, I will die a glorious death on the battle field, giving my life to Mom, Apple Pie, and the American flag.

We stole the eagle from the Air Force, the anchor from the Navy, and the rope from the Army. On the 7th day, while God rested, we overran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers and talk like sailors and slap the hell out of both of them. Soldier by day, lover by night, drunkard by choice, MARINE BY GOD!!!

-Author Unknown