Are you a Dog or Cat person? Whatcha got, and tell your pet stories here!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sal_jr, Feb 21, 2006.

what is your pet of choice? Mulitple answers enabled

1. Dogs... cause dogs love everyone

2. Cats... no really... It really loves me!

3. Other... fish, bird, lizard, snake, hippo, dimwit child who's particularly furry

4. Dont have pets for one reason or another

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I have a dog named Bella. She's a snobbish brat. She's antisocial when we're around, preferring to sit in another oom with her face to a wall and her butt pointed at the door, but goes nuts for 15 minutes when we leave and return.

She wont stay in the room if there is smoke or alcohol, she can smell gun powder and will bolt out of the room if anyone is carrying a firearm in our home... dead serious, weve tested this many times before.
    HOWEVER HER WEAKNESS...
    She will do anything for smoked bones that I make. When I process a deer or elk or boar, I cut and smoke the bones for her with my saws-all. She knows theyre hers and patiently guards the smoker till Im done.

below is a pic of my dog. Post your pet pics so we see what youve got.

Theyre man's best friend. Truly.

Attached Files:

2. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i just got me a new pup we think its a collie and rott mix but not 100% sure on that one then my dad has 3 great danes

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i have 6 dogs...and each one of them will kill a cat if it gets close enough:cool:

4. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    I have a pitbull/american bulldog mix. She is always at my heels, stupid dog sits at the bathroom door if im in there and whines till i come out

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    I have a yellow Lab we named Carly. She is the biggest baby you will find. If you even raise your voice at her she will cower down and come put her head on your leg.

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    wife has a toy poodle he worships me and snarls at her lol he is also my QA inspector on my planes i build too lol.

7. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    I have two cats, Cortez and Callie, and an African dwarf frog named Mork. Originally Mork had a Mindy, but she died a few days after coming home.

Cortez's favorite activities are "helping" me make the bed and lying in the sinks. Callie is a total daddy's girl and has John wrapped around her little paw. They were both curled up sweetly next to me when I woke up this morning, but Cortez left after his little sister bit him. :p

Attached Files:

8. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    cute cats... although I must confess I am not a big fan of em... likely cause Im allergic.

I paid and saw em, and they looked happy.

Thanks for posting

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm a dog person. I don't have any now, due to the ex wife taking my golden retriever.

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    As Sal knows I only have one cat but its a BIG Cat.:crying: Found him when he was 3 days old and managed to save him by eyedropper feeding of prepared fomula every 2hrs and graduating to one of those little Barbie baby bottles.Had to take him to work with me since there was only me to take care of him.I had him neutered and de-clawed and he has grown very large.He is very much into religion because everybody that sees him says the same thing;" JESUS, THAT IS A BIG CAT".:rolleyes:He isnt fat just big.Weighs 25 lbs or so.He doesn't do much, just lays around licking parts of dogs that thought they would kill him out of his paws and shredding Sals picture to keep them sharp.Since I am alone I can't have a dog because of travel etc besides the vet bill to get the dog out of the cat would be to high.:p :)I would post his picture but there arent enough pixels in the current setup!

11. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    I guess I am AC/DC... I swing both ways. :eek:

I have two Labs and two cats. I lean more toward being a cat lover because cats aren't as "high maintenance" as dogs. And especially so since cats don't bark, disturbing my slumber periods, wanting to be taken outside.

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Ditto here Cy

We've got dogs, cats, fish, and a guinea pig

13. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I have an outside dog, outside cat, and a inside cat..seems they each fill a void I somehow need..when I take the trash down, the dog goes with me..when I'm working in my shed the cat is always within arms reach..when I get up in the morning, my inside cat sits with me and watches the news. My wife fits in there somewhere...but that is a different void:eek:

14. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I am a dog person. Growing up I had two black Labrador Retreivers named Zach and Lazer. They both passed away (very sad time for me) when I was about ten years old. Now I have a chihuahua named Gypsy and she weighs five pounds. When we first got her I was always afraid I was going to step on her and crush her (I'm 6'3 and weigh 230 pounds):0a11: , but she is now five years old and she is very good at getting out of the way.:) If you looked in the dictionary and looked up the word lapdog, you would see a picture of Gypsy. She won't go outside if it's to cold or if it's raining and she's spoiled something terrible. I hope you guys liked my story.;)

15. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    My wife and I have two dogs a min-pin and a beagle (my beagle has been hijacked by my mother for a couple of months now). I am allergic to cats so I do not have a big like for them.

16. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    We have 8 Dachshund. 4 short hair and 4 long hair all live in the house with us. All black and tan and dapple, well all but one she is just black and tan.

17. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I have 5 dogs, black lab, blue tick/heeler puppy, beagle, jack russel, and a little pug. I also have 5 cats, 4 cows, 2 hoses, and working on getting some sheep.

18. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    My wife is extremely allergic to cats and dogs. So we were not able to get one until I found a breed that was hypoallergenic. I ended up buying her a Bichon Frise puppy. Now, I have never been a big fan of little dogs (always owned rottwilers, pit bulls, and German shepards) but this little guy is probably the coolest little dog. He is 12 weeks old and can sit, fetch, and kennel on command.

19. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    I love cats because how stupid they are and they can make you laugh even when your really down

20. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Cats don't last long around here. My old coon dog puts them on the same level as a coon.

Ol' Ben is about 14 years old now, but he gets around real good.

Attached Files: