Are ya ready for Spring or what???

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catsrking, Feb 11, 2008.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Don't get me wrong, I truly do enjoy ice fishing. But give me a break - we have had snow up the wazoo this year. Had it relatively easy the last few previous winters, but this year has been the kind of winter I remeber as a kid. Got so much along the driveway, we're running out of places to pile it.
    :eek:oooh:

It will be ice-out soon enough. Am definately looking forward to that!
    :wink:

Has anyone been doin' good ice fisning lately??

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    You just said a mouth full Tom!!!!! This Old Iowa Dude is READY for Spring, and some Catfishing. Alright Already.J.D.:smile2:

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yes,I'm ready for spring to get here. If it arrives it won't too soon to suit me. I'm sick and tired of this damn winter.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Glenn took the words right outta my mouth!!!:wink::smile2:

5. elklover1964

elklover1964 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am sooooo ready for spring......and with turkey season right around the corner, the weather & snow does not help the waiting any.....

6. LadyTurkeyHunter

LadyTurkeyHunter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    OHHHH I am beyond ready! I am so sick of this white stuff... I am so sick of this cold weather... It has to be hard on the wild life... I know this winter not only has brought out the blues but also crunching the pocket book.. is it ever going to end?? I pray please god let it end tomorrow... bring the sun out, melt all this white crap and put me in a blind chasing a turkey or on the river waiting for a fish and listening to the camp fire crackle. Amen

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree totally. Winter usually doesn't get to me,but this time it has.I am so ready to go fishing I'm about half nuts. My downstairs neighborlady who is 80 years old,she called up to tease me and get me to laugh by saying she has a 5 gallon bucket that I could fill up with water and then set acrossthe room from it and practice with my new catfishing rod and reel to see how many tomes I could hit the bucket.Yes Spring come on,and lets please not have a cold windy rainy damp Spring. I want nice moderate temps out. Sister Pat:crazy::crazy::roll_eyes::big_smile:

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    IT WONT BE LONG NOW BROTHER, SPRINGS COMMIN HANG IN THERE

9. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ohh yea im ready to be on the river without my eyeballs freezing over as i drive down the river.:wink:

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Were ready for spring here in So. Illinois ,also. At present we are in and ice storm. At least 1' of ice forcasted with approx 4" of snow. Us southern boys are not use to this. Hurry up spring.:smile2:

11. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Yeah I'm really getting tired of it.
    It just seems this year is so much longer than normal.
    Don't know how the folks that have terrible winters like northern Minn stay sane.
    I'm getting so tired of being indoors.
    Hang in there its gotta be spring sometime.
    just

PS cya at Keokuk in july

12. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Come on now and quit your whining, it's only the first part of Febuary. You need to have cold weather on Valentines Day, makes your sweetie cuddle up a might closer. Might be your only chance. LOL Later Andy

13. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    LOL
    Hell ma would just push me away.lol

14. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    i am already eager for our spring shad gut run. that is if the boat ramps aint all snowed in. Any day now. get your stuff ready before it is time!!

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am startin to get real ancey and want to go fishin:eek:oooh:

16. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hope all you guys get a break in the weather soon. Its kinda funny we dont get any snow and would welcome a good snow. you guys get so much it makes you sick.

17. strohcephus

strohcephus New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    To say I'm goin nuts and sick of winter would be the understatement of the year!! My tackle boxes are soooo organized, and all my poles are sooo ready...lol!

18. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    It's been a long winter for me, I was ready for spring in late November. Got my last deer and was ready for turkey season. I keep telling people who complain about the winter weather that we wanted this type of weather all summer, now that it's winter we want summer all winter, go figure. Just a thought.

19. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you all got good and snowed in. Hope you get to go fishing soon.

20. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The first couple/three times it snows is ok. A signal that winter has "officially" arrived. It's when the pretty white crap keeps on coming & piling up is when it gets to be a drag.