Are Ya Happy?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Mi11er, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    How does everyone think their team did in the draft? I think the Chiefs are doing pretty good, still have some picks left so can't say for sure. But, how was the first day for everyone else

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    All that I could say is:
    "Al Davis Strikes Again"! :0a14:
    Picks like that are going to keep the Raiders picking in the top ten year after year.
    (This is "Football" not "Track & Field")
    :angry:

3. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Far as the Redskins go, C-, they still didn't trade that dingy owner Dan Snyder to somebody else. B+ if they could have gotten rid of him.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That has to be the biggest "what are they thinking?!!!" picks of all time:eek:oooh:

5. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Pip, i think you got one hell of a pass rusher with Orakpo!
    i really wanted to buy a Chiefs jersy this year with his name on the back!:sad2::angry:

oh well,i might have to get a Tyson Jackson jersy,lets see how he pans out first:roll_eyes:

6. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    uh and yes,the Raiders still make me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!:confused2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think the Colts did really well.. Also if the Lions stratergy works they will win alot more games this year.. They made some really smart moves after I studied their draft picks now, its off to sort thru free agents huh?

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I'd be happier with John Gruden or Mike Shanahan calling the shots than Caldwell!:angry:

The Colts did pick up that running back from UCONN. Looks like Dominic Rhodes might be unemployed again!:cool2::wink:

9. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    The Patriots had a strong draft. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out. The Defense got much younger (and quicker). I just hope that they haven't given up too many veterans to do so. But then who am I to question Bill?

10. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    the texans draft went ok at best but i am still shaking my head at why they drafted 2 te's in back to back rounds

11. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rhoade went to Buffalo.. He gets to play with T.O.!!!!:smile2:

12. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As a 49er fan I have mixed emotions about our picks. Crabtree was steal in a way, but I will have to be convinced of his ability to play in the NFL. He has some special skills but I am not sure he is going to supass Morgan of Hill his first year. If he proves to be a threat then that will help our QB, whoever it may be, greatly and also ease pressure off of Gore. However I was at work during the draft and called a friend. He told me SF was up and Orakpo was still on the board. I was hoping to be able to line Orakpo up in front of Willis.

2nd round trade to the Panthers was ok, as long as the panthers continue their tradition of winning season, losing season, winning season, losing season. If they have a bad year and we have even a semi good one we may be able to trade up next year in the first and try to grab a franchise QB.

All I know is "Al Davis gave us Crabs". I think Oakland needs a bailout at this point, or a government takeover.

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is no joke:smile2:

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Steelers addressed their needs pretty well! Our number #1 pick Ziggy Hood will be a good one and we got Penn State center A.Q. Shipley in the 7th round which I thought was a steal! :cool2:

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Steelers had a very good draft, adressed some needs, but most importantly they got good kids with good football sense. think the fans will love their later round running back nicknamed Tank. he is 5' 9" and weighs in at 240 and has a nose for the endzone. they all fit the Steelers mold. i got a big kick out of watching the raiders screw up again, and got a bigger kick out of hearing tom cable talking up those players that they picked. like the raiders staff knows something the other teams don't about these players. heck you know cable had nothing to do with those picks anyways as Al is still running the whole show there. not saying there picks will all be flops but they could have gotten them much later in the draft and if they think otherwise then that shows you why that franchise is in the shape its in. gee the bengals pick some players with some character issues, go figure. lets see how that works out for them... again. wonder when the first arrest will come this year.

16. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    How in the world can the Bart Simpson of college QB's Josh Freeman be selected #18 overall. The NFL is terrible at picking QB's it's all about who fits a certain mold. Josh Freeman will be the next Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith or Alex Smith. What impressed them so much about Freeman? Was it his qb rating ?{7th best in the big 12]. It sure wasn't his record as a starter 17-20 in 3 years. I know he wasn't surrounded by all american receivers at KSU...oh wait a minute He did throw to Jordy Nelson for 2 years.Did they watch any tape of how this guy reacted in big games or under pressure? No offense to you KStaters but you would probably all agree with me this guys whole career was a major disappointment.How can he go in the first round while 3 guys {Booger-Chase Daniel Graham Harrell and Joe Ganz} who won major games and led their teams to bowl games didn't even get drafted.

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    He was 6'5 and some change and for some reason nfl teams love tall and big QB's He was around 250 I think in weight too. I don't know why they think these qbs will do anything in the NFL when they didn't do much in the college ranks

18. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    All i kept on hearing them say is that he had the size and arm strength to be a NFL qb.i guess if you fit a profile,some teams think they polish a turd into gold!!

19. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    well i think dallas will be very happy with the qb they drafted had mcgee not had to have surgery his sr year he would have led the aggies to a great season and he has almost always won the big games

20. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I don't think it was wise to pick him in the 4th round, when they probably could have signed him as a free agent.