Are we in for another drought??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Mar 24, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you check out the below link, most of the inland rivers and creeks in Ohio are close to being out historic low levels..the red, orange and yellow dots mean low levels.

This concerns me, I dont want a repeat of last year

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/rt

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    if it's a repeat of last year. there's gonna be a lot of dead floating fish. Our river here almost dried up. In all my life i've never seen it that low...

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I sure hope its not like last year. When you can hold bottom with 1-1/2 oz of lead on the Ohio you know its bad. Were supposed to get a bunch of rain here this week(1-3") but the long range forecast is to be another dry summer...:sad2:

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I dont think we will guys, just trying to be optimistic. :wink:

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Jack if it gets bad again though feel free to come fish the big river with me any time dude.:wink:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope it doesn't end up like last year. It made even the jet boats difficult to navigate certain sections of the river. rollo

7. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    I hope it is a rainey spring an summer.I need the grass to grow.An I ruin my impeller on my jett drive last year .Do to low water.

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    It's the same out this way also. This time of year around here, normally the rivers are up a little from the snow melt. and plenty of water and current flowing. But we just didn't get the snow this year or the rain for that matter. Already the river close to home is roughly 2' low. I hate to think about come august if we don't start getting some rain. Seems about every 10 or 15 years it gets like this, and it usually isn't good come late summer.

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Yep. river is really low out here too!

So low I saw rocks and structure I have never seen before!

Definitely not good for fishing.:sad2:

10. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you don't quit worrying your gonna end up with ulcers over fishing!!! It's still early.....

11. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Flathunter.Didn't you catch your PB during last years drought?

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    it is really low here too. last year with no rain really put a crimp on the bite. where i fish if the current is low to nothing then it is super tough. we are getting brush fires popping up around here as well. we are supposed to get some rain this week so we'll see.

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    too early to tell

14. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Jack...IT'S RAINING!!!!!!!!!!:tounge_out::wink:

15. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    SOMEONE NEEDS TO LIVE HERE.. IT RAINED SO MUCH HERE LAST YEAR,MY LAWN MORROW WOULD GET STUCK IN THE YARD. THE RIVER WAS UP AND FULL OF DEBRI EVERY TIME IWANTED TO FISH IT.DID NOT GET ON THE RIVER BECAUSE OF IT.
    IT RAINED HERE 3-4 DAYS A WEEK.
    DON'T WANT ANYMORE FOR THIS YEAR.

16. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I know the rivers arent at there usual level but by looking at my dads pond, you can tell we need some rain. Its low and it didnt feel up over the winter like it usually does. Its two to three feet low but we got some rain last night and there calling for some more later this week. I think will get the spring rain but I think its going to be a hot dry summer.