Are we all in a funk???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by justcallme12, Nov 2, 2009.

1. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    Hi everyone, Is it just me or does the atmosphere seem to be changing a little in the post and chat? Maybe I am seeing something that is in my own mind. Just seems to me that alot, not everyone, is somehow being a little less cheery and nice. It is the fast approaching winter making us get into a bit of a funk?

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have noticed the same, but i thought it was just me....ii would say between the winter coming and the current economy mixed together everyone is just a little bit off....:sad2:

3. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I think you guys both got it figured out pretty good. Then there's all this flu crap going around making everybody feel lousy too.
    For us country folks there's all the winter prep stuff yet to be done and getting the boat unloaded and put away for winter. I know SOME folks fish all year round, but with a dis-abled wife I have to knock it off about this time of year. Her arthritis is just too bad to put up with very much cold bad weather and humidity nearly imobilizes her. So I guess I'm stuck with the computer 'till better weather.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    its not just you sis you are right the past two days have bin nice so i kinda snaped out of it but when its rainy cold and gloomy it kinda kills my git up and go lol

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    As Christmas gets closer, everyone begins to realize how much money they will be spending...and it's not for personal fishing gear.:big_smile:

Depressing, very depressing.

6. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    i blame Obama:confused2:

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i think its fishing "withdraw", with the colder weather people are gettin an early start of cabin fever

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I have'nt noticed anything. Then again I'm a peckerhead all year round. LOL!

9. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    shoot down here in the south its been because of all this stinkin rain cant get out and go fishing when its raining cats and dogs all day for a month

10. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'll fish in the rain,i'll fish in a drought,i'll fish when its hot,i'll fish when its cold.and if i can't,i'm still cheerful.always willing to lend a hand,or give advice to someone not as smart as me.just kidding.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ill go with what Jeremy earlier posted.. Economy and upcoming cabin fever! :sad2:

12. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I haven't been in the chatroom in eons.
    Regarding posts , they seem fine , just a falloff of the usual latenight activity.
    Given my past experience with this forum , that in itself is a tad odd.

13. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It happens this time of year, I think it is due to the weather....to cold to go fishing, to cold to........

14. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i kind of get that way ...lack of sun cloudy cold days and i hate to see that ^#$%@ snow coming but i still fish unless its extreme weather

15. justcallme12

justcallme12 New Member

State:
    MS
    Thanks everyone for your replies!

16. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think, ya that's it come to think of it, I think that it is the reversed polarity of microwaves mixed with global warming and the return of Northern Lights to Missoura which then affects the ability of electrons in Motherboards to effect the CP's of BOC members who really don't have anything to say anyhow.

Ya, that's what I think come to think of it. Makes everybody all funked up.

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Maybe this will cheer ya'll up. LOL

[youtubevid]PApZm9-rwFc[/youtubevid]

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Me too. :smile2:

No, I haven't noticed any difference in post. It's been beautiful here the last few days, got up to 74 yesterday. After a month of rain it's GREAT!

19. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Hey I get excited just to see preety faces on here like your self, thanks for the post!

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I awoke this morning and everything seems to work. I'm thankful God has given me another day of life. My family is well and together. No sickness. I've been able to avoid the flu. I'm close to surviving another year. Still enjoying retirement life. Proud to have you all as friends. Even though our government is in a mess we still have freedom. I have a great Church to worship in. I look forward to this day and another. Even though I have not been able to fish much this year due to a car wreck, I have big plans for the coming year. I have enjoyed dreams of bigger fish and hope to make them a reality. I don't like winter or bad weather but I can survive because I know spring is just around the corner. In all I think we have a lot of positive things to look forward too. Just my thoughts.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009