Are they spawning on the mississippi, too?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by big-muddy, Jun 14, 2008.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Or is it too high to fish? i've been fishing rend lake for 2 weeks, and i had been tearing them up until yesterday when i only caught one fiddler and today fished 2 hours without a bite. hope it doesn't last too long. i was getting a little spoiled there.

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Well Shane, I would say that IF a guy could launch a boat, I bet a fella could be catching fish....only problem is, the majority of the ramps are all under water right now! The Maple Island ramp is probably 3-5 feet under water, Columbia Bottoms is closed, St Louis ramps, CLOSED, Plattin Rock Boat club, is also under water. I don't know of any ramp on the Mississippi in this area that is usable. The only ramp that I have heard of that is usable, is the Weldon Spring Ramp that is on the Missouri.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Don't know a bout down around St Louis but up in our area all boat traffic has been banned for now. Water way to high theydon't want no more stess on the levys.
    Now Mo River seems to be ok according to Channel 2 anyway. Said it was even gonna start going down. Not the Missp.It's another week before it even starts to crest up here . They say gonna raise a ft a day. till the 20th.Now thats a lot of water.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    rend lake dropped 2 feet in two days. all that water went to the mississippi.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    All them fishies don't do it at the same time :wink:

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Thanks Randy, thats an enlightening way to look at it.:smile2::smile2::smile2: